Password

Thread Tools Search this Thread Rate Thread Display Modes
Old 06-10-2002, 11:43 AM

Oldfart,

Quote:
Originally posted by Oldfart
Nutworld, shame on you.
The customer is always right. Arrogant, insufferable, horrible,
opinionated, mistaken in matters of fact, but right.

have to fervently disagree here.
Nutworld did not report he was unpolite to the customer. But he was insulted by the customer.

IMO an employer who protects his employees from rude customers looses one rude customer, a customer probably hard to satisfy if ever and at high cost. But he keeps the spirit among his employees up-tone. Employees will feel respected as human beings, their self-confidence and soft motivation remainling intact and they will find it easy to be polite and constructive and helpful to customers who earn it and are in fact willing to pay proper money for proper service and not to steal employer's money by consuming 2 tedious working hours of an employee and then buying a pair of precision-matched washers
By the right spirit and soft motivation of his employees the employer will earn way more money on all other customers than he had loosed on the one rude customer leaving. It not only feels good, it pays to be nice to your employees !!! They are humans just as the customers are.

Recently i investigated possible webspace providers for my nu website (me intending to start a business with explantion-needing audio products). One company, www.featureprice.com seemed to offer huge webspace for reasonable but not cheap money. I am observing them for quite a while (do they disappear?) and finally decided to risk a closer look. I read the legal stuff, found nothing to complain about, was surprised to find that they guarantee >99% server uptime per contract, (no other competitor, in the US, in Germany, whereever, dared to offer such, most "indicate they would be about 96% uptime under normal circumstances)

And then i found the paragraph regulating rude customer behaviour to service staff. You are obliged to treat service personell politely, without menaces, without foul language. Otherwise they can kick you out. By contract. Without refund.

Great! i tought, a company protecting their employees that way will have good working spirit and skilled, fast-responding people, i thought. Choice made, no further investigaion needed, case closed.
This is a business partner i know i will like.

BTW, comparing prices and quality of their service, they are quite cheap.
Old 06-10-2002, 12:06 PM

All,
me rarely bitches at others, not my style, not my mood... but here in Germany, well, we have no speed limit. And we have a certain sort of drivers bullying the 3rd lane free at any price. Had it once, when driving home form work on a very crowded Autobahn that i was driving at about on the 3rd lane.

In the rear mirror i saw a well-known flashing of head lights. "get from the 3rd lane now" i thought, looked for a gap, tired to go into it when a drvier dozing along on the 1st lane decided to take that gap, too. Well, i had to pull back on the 3rd to avoid a crash and in the meantime the flashing mainiac was right behind me, bumper2bumper @ 170 km/h, trying to bully me out of his way, cursing, shaking his fist and then overtaking me on the "grass" lane .

Never was i scared more in traffic, i strived to the next parking exit very carefully, and let the shakes fade ... it was 30 minutes until i could continue driving.

Such people make me angry, redundant lack of responsiblity sense! I would vote for protecting the society from such individuals. They should not get any tool harder and faster than their own dick to play with and to hurt others. Put them in a rubber cell
Old 06-10-2002, 08:14 PM
Horny Devil

Send a message via ICQ to legend
dice45, relax mate. when you've been here for a while, you'll get to know which and when people are being tongue-in-cheek.

The sun is gone, but I have a light - Kurt Cobain

~I love Nikki~
Old 06-11-2002, 06:54 AM

legend,

relaxing guess i have to learn that. Hardly ever do. Too passionate for that But doesn't hurt if the forum elders now and then get a clue how they are arriving at newbies, communicatively, isn't it?

BTW, i sensed the tongue-in cheek, but Oldfart's statement was based on a very common comprehension of the supplier-customer relation. A comprehension not looking over the edge of the dish one is sitting in, IMO. A comprehension i experineced very often and with own pain, BTW. So the topic triggers me immeditately. Could not resist

"It pays to be nice and caring to your your employees":
I had this topic with my parents very often, getting backup from my mother and unbelieving stares from my father (who ended his carreer as general manager responsible for administration and staff, BTW, so he should have known by experience) . My mother and me used to tear his complaints about his employees into stripes on appropriate occasion, demonstrating him how he (or in most cases his boss, the owner) turned his employees sour. By requesting examples from him and then analyzing this very example. "And what follows from that? and from that? and what is the consequence for the employee then emotionally?" and so forth ....
BTW, he never admitted to agree to my mother's (and in the last years also my) advice but nevertheless tended to follow the advice in most cases. He must have done a good job otherwise as the employees never called for joining the union and electing a Betriebsrat (employee's speaker). FYI, 3 people out of ??? demanding Betriebrat elections are sufficient, according to German laws. And ??? was 780 in this case. I had the opportunity to visit company my father was working for for several occasions and i met the owner, too. He was a mean and frightening man, but you could not sense that from the employee's mood, tellya. My father must have done a marvelous job moderating the owner's emotional impact.

Today both my parents and me agree that treating the employees nice and respectful was key to a good working spirit and no desire for Betriebsrat. It pays. In Deutschmarks in that case
And there were some exceptions where the employee (valuable ones!) made the terrible mistake to ask the owner himself for financial help (which could have served the purpose of golden handcuffs) and he snorted "I'm not a bank!" at them.
Stereotype response pattern: the employee first telling the other collegues his dissappointing experience ("For whom am i working here!?"), bad working spirit spreading from that and the valuable employee leaving soon (or in 2 cases) not coming, not signing the contract .
Any idea how much cash runs up advertising for a job, any idea how few valuable people this effort yields, any idea how much goes into that person's training? It costed Deutschmarks in any case, more than i make a year. Stupid!!!

No Q, treating customers worse than one self expects to be treated is utterly inexcusable. Should i come into the situation to have a row with my employee about right that topic (which may come some day) and he/she ie not willing and succeeding to improve customer handling, I may see myself forced to unemploy him/her and not waste time with it. But i will know i am the cause. I should
A) not have hired a person with incorrigible attitudes.
B) i should not treated him/her the way i did.
Either or both.

Aren't we in the bitching thread here?
I bitch about bullying, stupid employers.
And you see, cannot stop talking/ranting about that topic

You and the other elders will have a lot of fun poking me and getting my explosive temperament go boom, promised
Old 06-11-2002, 01:33 PM

still bitchin' around :-)

All,
did you know this pix ? ...
Attached Images
File Type: jpg harley.jpg (32.1 KB, 358 views)
Old 06-12-2002, 10:00 PM
Turn it up!

Send a message via AIM to scotzoidman Send a message via Yahoo to scotzoidman
Ok, I really gotta blow off about this...say goodbye to your privacy, fellow Americans, now anybody can visit the site below & see your driver's licence...I checked for mine already, they've got it, they've got everybody's, I'm still steamed...check it out for yourself, & write your congressman, let's put a stop to this...

http://www.license.shorturl.com/

If the theory does not conform to the facts, then the facts must be discarded.

No good deed ever goes unpunished

Never argue with an idiot. He'll drag you down to his level, & beat you with experience.
Old 06-13-2002, 11:01 PM

thats pretty funny scotzoidman..........i was about to go bullshit
Old 06-14-2002, 12:05 AM
Turn it up!

Shhh, don't tell em dark...make everybody check it out

Never argue with an idiot. He'll drag you down to his level, & beat you with experience.
Old 06-14-2002, 10:13 AM
~Big Tease~

ARGH LOL scared me for a sec there ROFL!! :P
Old 06-14-2002, 11:46 AM
♦*♥Moderatrix♥*♦

Send a message via Yahoo to Lilith
Funny Scotz but true...I put in your name and there you were

The practice of putting women on pedestals began to die out when it was discovered that they could give orders better from there.~ Betty Grable

If I wanted your opinion, I'd remove the duct tape and ask you for it.~ Me
<~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~>
One man's dream is another man's nightmare~~~~> §¤ Lilith ¤§

~>My Scribbles<~
==>Gone Shopping<== ~Just a Quickie~ *~A Celebration Vacation~* ~Surprises~ Sleeping With the Window Open
What Did You Do Today? Self Defense Class ~Short Sweet Snippets~ § Summer Spin § Story Challenge Submission Pajamas
Old 06-14-2002, 12:02 PM
Turn it up!

Knew I shoulda shaved before havin the picture made...

Old 06-14-2002, 01:16 PM

Send a message via AIM to Irish Send a message via Yahoo to Irish
Scotzoidman---The website works perfectly!I typed in my wifes
name and the picture;on the license;looks exactly like her.I forwarded;the website;to her at work and she doesn't think so.
(No sense of humor!)After knowing me for all of these years;you'ld
think that she would expect something like that.THANKS! Irish
Old 06-29-2002, 08:41 AM
1 of 8,111,103,258

Angry What really honks me off?!!!!!!!!

It’s when you are caught up with the daily routine of just keeping busy with going threw life, doing whatever you think you’re suppose to be doing for some reason you can’t remember . After years of trudging on, you stumble onto something that catches your attention and after a second look, you notice somebody that is actually stirring YOU . You watch for a while and after seeing how quick, witty, gorgeous and guttsy she is, you get closer to the situation and soon find that you’re remembering what it really was all about . Pretty soon you’re in the middle of the party and just having a ball along with all the other super people you meet because of her . She just keeps everyone and everything going hot, fast and smooth for you and everybody while taking care of all the problems and headaches that comes with a ruckus, happy environment and can still be the star.
Then she gets a summer job and goes away until September.

Doesn’t that kind of thing piss you off Diva?

"If God didn't want you to play with it, He would have put it between your shoulder blades,..... not at the end of your arm"

Except for speculation, we ONLY have NOW and EACHOTHER!

real world of cyber people ~ Pixies ~ real people of the cyber world
Old 06-29-2002, 08:50 AM

Send a message via AIM to Irish Send a message via Yahoo to Irish
Pantyfanatic---Well said! Irish
Old 07-21-2002, 09:48 PM
Devilishly kinky member

Send a message via Yahoo to Devillishgirl
My pet peeve! Ok...this might only mean something to a person who works in any sort of repair industry, but here goes. Someone calls in to report that they have no dial tone on their phone line...and they noticed it TWO WEEKS ago...and then they're crawling up our asses to have it repaired YESTERDAY! <hrmph> Ok, enough complaining...back to work