Live Chat

Go Back   Pixies Place Forums > Sex Talk > General Chat
User Name
Password

Thread Tools Search this Thread Rate Thread Display Modes
Old 09-15-2002, 08:40 PM

Hmm by what you said looks like the person knew how to get a pixxies user to open it too. I suggest either scanning your e-mails or checking what the file type is before opening it. Although I have a feeling it was sent by somone who has never posted, I don't think anyone who has posted would actually be dumb enough to mess with Diva (and no I don't mean that way!)
Old 09-15-2002, 09:36 PM
<----Snappin' Pussy

Quote:
The attachment I got was renamed to myphoto!!!

Hmmmm...well now thats just plain rude..major bummer Diva

Does your Anti-virus software not scan your incoming email? Mine scans both incoming and outgoing from my private mail...

As an added precaution....I also do not open any files from anyone(close friends included) until i have scanned it first..
And if it is an .EXE file i very rarely open them regardless of if they are scanned or not...

I got hit a while back with a KakWorm....nasty piece of work that....luckily i had a friend here at the time who works with puters and he happened to have a worm killer on disk

The puny bastards who invent these damn things need shootin as far as i'm concerned....and the ppl that knowingly pass the damn things on need to be shot as well

*~Sharni~*

If you go hunting tigers....be prepared when ya catch one!
Old 09-16-2002, 05:38 AM
~*Forget Me Not*~

I never open files unless I know who it't from..unless I am expecting it...This guy/gal was smart. It disabled my Norton's and opend itself up..like it was self extracting. The guy from my service provider said this has been happening alot lately....They know people are looking and scanning for viruses.....so they are getting smarter.......they actually send 2 viruses somehow..as soon as you hit the subject line..that is one that disables your virus detector...and the second is in the email itself. All I did was open the email and not the exe file...that opened itself. I got this in my yahoo mail box...and it's only been 3 weeks ( since I have been back) that I have had it in my profile....(and luckily I have no addy's in my address book at yahoo)...

And it was somebody who is a member or who is ot registered..cause the name lovediva4u...is ONLY known here...Pixies Place and no place else....so please..let's all be very carefull...I would hate for someone to go through the mess I had yesterday!

"Never shall I forget the time I spent with you. Please
continue to be my friend, as you will always find me yours."
Ludwig van Beethoven (1770-1827)

"Life is not measured by the number of breaths we take, but by the moments that take our breath away."
Old 09-16-2002, 09:56 AM
Horny Devil

Send a message via ICQ to legend
sorry to hear of that Diva

what everyone needs to have is a virus scanner with script blocking capabilities. how these viruses work is that they use the VBScript which is used by windows. this enables them to do damage by just clicking on them. an up to date virus scanner should have this capability.

if you don't have that, you can disable the Windows Scripting Host by following the directions on this link:
http://www.sarc.com/avcenter/venc/d...pt.hosting.html

The sun is gone, but I have a light - Kurt Cobain

~I love Nikki~
Old 09-16-2002, 10:32 AM
Pixies Den Mother

Send a message via ICQ to Sugarsprinkles Send a message via MSN to Sugarsprinkles Send a message via Yahoo to Sugarsprinkles
I haven't suffered any ill effects from it, but I received another one of those blank e-mails that showed the size of it being 123k.
The subject line was "The above specifications are subject to change." The sender was "Blufinz" and the return e-mail address was blufinz@metrocast.com. It didn't indicate there was an attachment, so there was no attachment to be opened.

The only reason I opened the e-mail was I thought, erroneously I guess, that the name "Blufinz" sounded vaguely familiar. Does anyone recognize that name or e-mail address?
Dream Date
Just Desserts
Internet Lovers Meet - Part 1
Internet Lovers Meet - Part 2
Internet Lovers Meet - Part 3
RAVISHED!!
My Birthday - A Fantasy
Old 09-16-2002, 03:51 PM
Everybody Stretch!

I actually seem to remember that nic (Blufinz) Sugarsprinkles and I don't know why! Did you peruse the postings in Men's Pics? I will check there too as soon as I get back there. I don't know if that is where I saw it and it had to be a while ago cause it ain't around anymore. Or maybe it was on one of the threads you or I posted....I'm sorry but I really can't remember. But, as you said, it just sounds familiar! Hmmmmmmm????? I'll see what I can do!

PS...I just checked in members and there is no such nic......Now this is gonna drive me crazy too! I just know I've seen that name before.......Hmmmmmmmm????

~Thomas Dewar~
Old 09-17-2002, 07:36 AM
Just me.

Diva, totally agree with you. These people that intentionally send a virus to hurt others are sick. Really believe laws should be passed to really punish people that knowingly send them ... 10, 20 or more years in prison (without parole) and thousands in fines. My firewall and security software has caught three virus' being introduced on my machine which were quarentined (sp) and deleted. But the fact they got there in the first place angers me like it did you.
Old 09-18-2002, 07:16 AM

only had one near miss I know about.

There are some low bastards out there.
Old 09-20-2002, 02:19 PM
Show me your tits

Send a message via AIM to pje
actually the bad thing is that if they know how to telnet properly there is no way to stop them because they can access anything they like on your hard drive and even disable virus scanners thereselves before they send it.That and that email addy could be someone totally different and harmless because under telnet u can use anyones email addy u weant to send something.Example,i could use that email addy to send something to someone else if i wanted but the majority of these type people are usually to lame and clueless to have that type knowledge.What i think is pathetic is the people who abuse the knowledge of computer systems that they poccess.