Live Chat

Go Back   Pixies Place Forums > Sex Talk > General Chat
User Name
Password

Thread Tools Search this Thread Rate Thread Display Modes
Old 07-15-2009, 08:47 PM
Yankee in Dixie

It is an older one dm. For the most part who cares what you ride so long as you're in the wind. Only thing that bugs me is when people say I need to trade in my cruiser for a ninja and the like. I don't like the crotch rockets and it's got very little to do with the amount of power they have (after all they were designed as race bikes). I just don't find the comfortable. I actually had a coworker say I need one so I can do wheelies and stoppies on it to impress the girls. I told him we'll hang out one night and you can do that stuff. You'll be in the hospital and I'll have the "bitch" on the back of my cruiser.
"BOY: On a hot summer night, would you offer your throat to the wolf with the red roses? GIRL: Will he offer me his mouth? BOY: Yes. GIRL: Will he offer me his teeth? BOY: Yes. GIRL: Will he offer me his jaws? BOY: Yes. GIRL: Will he offer me his hunger? BOY: Yes. GIRL: Again, will he offer me his hunger? BOY: Yes! GIRL: Yes. BOY: On a hot summer night, would you offer your throat to the wolf with the red roses? GIRL: Yes. BOY: I bet you say that to all the boys!" -Meatloaf
Old 07-16-2009, 09:34 AM

Send a message via AIM to Irish Send a message via Yahoo to Irish
Question

Anyone who is a constant "tinkerer" with an older Triumph,didn't know how to
build them correctly in the first place!Don't forget,this is coming from someone
who has operated 2 Motorcycle businesses(two towns)My motorcycle of choice is a later 60's-early 70's Triumph twin.A triple cylinder,is just one more
cyl,carbuerator,pts,spark plug,etc,to mess with for the same power!I,personally,don't like twocycle engines because they derive thier power from
RPMs & not torque.(translation-shorter eng life)Also I used to Drag Race motorcycles,so if it wasn't neccessary & wieghed anything-it wasn't on my
bike!Now everyone builds bikes for comfort.I don't knock it but as I've always said-Different strokes for different folks!I've put thousands of miles on with a hardtail,raked frame & extended front end! Irish
P.S.Two weekends ago,my wife & I,went to an Open House at a Triumph
Dealer.The prices are outrageous!My wife bought me a new Triumph T-shirt!
Old 07-16-2009, 12:48 PM
Manwhore

The Triumphs are rather pricey when compared to other bikes of similar engine size, Irish. My wife and I went to a dealer recently so I could look at bikes. The funny thing was, we spent more time looking at the one she liked. She doesn't even have her endorsement yet.

Clever? Nah, I ran out of that years ago. But if you find this, let me know, k?
"The road goes ever on..." ~ Tolkien

In memory of my friend skip...
Go then, there are other worlds than these
Old 07-16-2009, 01:10 PM
Mod with Bite

Send a message via MSN to Fangtasia
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lord Snow
Only thing that bugs me is when people say I need to trade in my cruiser for a ninja and the like. I don't like the crotch rockets and it's got very little to do with the amount of power they have (after all they were designed as race bikes). I just don't find the comfortable. I actually had a coworker say I need one so I can do wheelies and stoppies on it to impress the girls. I told him we'll hang out one night and you can do that stuff. You'll be in the hospital and I'll have the "bitch" on the back of my cruiser.

Well that is you I'd buy a Kwaka Ninja in a heartbeat, damn nice bike *L*. What others choose to ride is their business. I dont see why someone deciding to sell their cruiser to buy a sports bike should annoy you *L* Again you dont find them comfy, well thats you.

I own a sports cruiser, and would again. The power has nothing to do with my preference for sports type bike either, i just prefer the style of them. The only time i found it a bit challenging in the comfort stakes was when i was 8+months preggers *LOL*.

Ya need to tell ya coworker they're a dickhead. My sports bike has never done a wheelie in its life. Just because ya own one doesnt mean you are a showoff either.
Old 07-16-2009, 08:59 PM
Yankee in Dixie

I never said that all sport bike owners are showoffs. I was annoyed with my coworker because he kept wanting ME to turn in MY bike for a sports style.
"BOY: On a hot summer night, would you offer your throat to the wolf with the red roses? GIRL: Will he offer me his mouth? BOY: Yes. GIRL: Will he offer me his teeth? BOY: Yes. GIRL: Will he offer me his jaws? BOY: Yes. GIRL: Will he offer me his hunger? BOY: Yes. GIRL: Again, will he offer me his hunger? BOY: Yes! GIRL: Yes. BOY: On a hot summer night, would you offer your throat to the wolf with the red roses? GIRL: Yes. BOY: I bet you say that to all the boys!" -Meatloaf
Old 07-16-2009, 09:37 PM
Mod with Bite

Send a message via MSN to Fangtasia
Ya co worker is a moron, plain and simple *L*
Old 07-16-2009, 10:37 PM
Yankee in Dixie

Hence me telling him he can go to the hospital and I'll have the chic on the back on my bike. It's one thing when you're doing that kind of stuff as an exhibition and everything is roped off, medical personnel on stand by that kind of thing. Quite another to do it in a parking lot with other people's vehicles or worse, going down the road.
Old 07-17-2009, 09:30 AM

Send a message via AIM to Irish Send a message via Yahoo to Irish
Thumbs down

Doing a "wheelie" on a bike,or a burnout in a car has nothing to do with power!If you know how to drive a bike or a car,either is very easy!It's also very stupid unless done for a reason.Yrs ago,at the Drag Strip,I lost a race by
2/100 of a second!I must have burned the tire,too much,when I shifted my Bike.At the strip,you only burn your rear tire,to make it stickier(word?),so that
it will get better traction.
Aqua-Just do what I used to do-Bring the Bike home & when your wife says to take it back to the owner,tell her it is with the owner.I never bought a used Bike that I couldn't make money on.The last one,I bought in a coworkers
barn.It was apart.He bought it new,when in the service.He was a helicopter
pilot.It was a 70 Triumph!(Yrs ago)Some 70's had soft rings & Triumph would
pay for a 10thousands overbore,new pistons,rings,etc.I paid him $25 or $50
rebuilt it,painted it,rechromed some parts & sold it for $1800. Irish
Old 08-31-2009, 02:20 AM
Kite Flyer

Cool

...wheelies?....burnouts?....even when I was a kid, it was me buying the tires..

I think I could lift the front wheel in a wheelie but I sort of believed it was handy should I want to turn...little things like that kept the front wheel on the ground...

...I still cruise on my '79 Goldwing after thirty years of touring this great country of ours...I wonder, if I tried, could I get a wheelie off of her....well....I don't wonder too much, I still buy the tires and I still don't see the need to waste rubber and the ability to make that sudden turn still keeps that wheel firmly in contact with the road...and a smile and an ounce of charm is all I need to coax a female to share a ride with me...=)

...as for the chick who craves to be on the back of a rocket bike...go with God my adventurous child...=/...<smile>
Old 07-28-2010, 07:48 AM
Dare to Read, Dear

I saw Lord Snow talking about riding to the PAGAN next year and was wondering what kind of bike he rode and then, is there a thread for that here.

A little search revealed this thread.

I have an 02 Honda VTX 1800C. I like the lines and the look better than most bikes. Love it.
Old 07-28-2010, 09:33 AM
Yankee in Dixie

That's actually the bike I was looking for last year. Only I wanted the new years model. Turns out they don't make them anymore. I started out on a 1995 Honda Shadow VT1100c, but at the end of last season bought a brand new (it was left over) 2008 Victory Vegas 8 Ball. 100ci engine, blacked out motor, most of it black chromed, black paint with factory limited silver flames with red pinstripes. Absolutely gorgeous bike. I already have over 2200 miles on it. Considering I got it in August last year and it rained every day for a month solid I'm not doing to bad. I've got a bit of work to do on it though. I want rear pegs and seat, possibly hard bags, I want to move the license plate bracket......I've posted pics somewhere around here...