Live Chat

Go Back   Pixies Place Forums > Sex Talk > General Chat
User Name
Password

Thread Tools Search this Thread Rate Thread Display Modes
Old 05-03-2003, 04:13 PM
<----Snappin' Pussy

Aquarium owners....

Who here owns an aquarium......wether it be freshwater(what i have) or saltwater

I just sold my Oscars....and am deciding how to set up the tank...i would like a planted community but anyway i'm after some ideas

Wanna show me a pic of your tank??

*~Sharni~*

If you go hunting tigers....be prepared when ya catch one!
Old 05-03-2003, 06:31 PM
Pixies Horse Widower

Send a message via ICQ to dm383
I have a freshwater tropical tank (sorry, no pic just now)... I've got silver-tip & neon tetra's, some harlequins, 3 rummy-nosed tetras (one ded ) a couple of Hong Kong plecks .....oh, and Cecil.....he's a fresh-water shrimp!!

They're in a 80-litre tank, with 5 (fake) plants and 3 or 4 different colours of gravel... my daughters choice!!

Had a salt-water tank before, but this is a LOT easier to keep! Just need to get a water test every month/6 weeks, and it's fine!

Round here, there's a lot more choice fish-wise, than there is with the salt-water varieties..... good luck with it, whichever way you go!

DM
I only own my mind
Old 05-03-2003, 11:25 PM
This is my BOOMSTICK!

Send a message via AIM to Santiago
we have a fresh-water tank with a golden tinfoil barb, a shark (dont know what specific kind, hes black with an orange tail and hes a pacifist), a cherry barb, algae sucker, two glass cats, tiger barb, a pineapple sword, and some other little fish that we dont know what it is right now. our tank sucks though, the water keeps evaporating and it gets dirty really fast. need to get a better tank and filtration system.
I must not fear. Fear is the mind-killer. Fear is the little-death that brings total obliteration. I will face my fear. I will permit it to pass over me and through me. And when it has gone past I will turn the inner eye to see its path. Where the fear has gone there will be nothing. Only I will remain.
Old 05-04-2003, 04:40 AM
<----Snappin' Pussy

Quote:
a shark (dont know what specific kind, hes black with an orange tail and hes a pacifist)

Does he look like the pic attached??

If it does...it's a Red-tailed Black Shark (actually a catfish)

As they grow they become more territorial and aggressive...they reach about 6 inches in length (Mine was a pussy cat till he got bigger...he ended up in isolation *L*)

Never put two in together...all hell will brake loose (voice of experience there)

An absolutely gorgeous fish though
Attached Images
File Type: jpg redtail.jpg (19.5 KB, 588 views)

*~Sharni~*

Old 05-04-2003, 07:06 AM

Send a message via Yahoo to campingboy
I just have three goldfish - 2 fan tail and one comet. There main purpose in life is to eat the mosquito larva in the pond in the summer.

In the winter they come inside. It seems they prefer live plants of there fish food. Every plant I put in the tank gets eaten rather quickly. So my tank has plastic plants and rocks that I have collect from my many trips. Bottom filtration as well as external surface filtration. Seems to work, they are now about 6 inches long and fat.

Good luck.
Old 05-04-2003, 07:33 AM

Santiago,

All your water doesn't have to be in the tank.

A 20 litre (5 gallon) container as a part of the filter cycle

might slow down the water loss.

Just an idea, but take it from a man whose only two goldfish

were eaten by his ex-wife's cat.
Old 05-04-2003, 08:29 AM
Everybody Stretch!

I used to have an aquarium Shar, but we sold everything when we moved to Fla. and never did get another when we moved back. Had the typical, plako...2 glass cats (had them for years)...couple of angels, some tetras, a few snails that kept leaving the tank.....geezzzz....etc.....and that little scuba diver guy.....lol!

We tried the "live" plants for a while but I dunno......it seemed to get dirtier, faster than ever and the plako didn't really do his job very well when the live plants were in there. I got some really cool river rock and slate-like stones.....boiled them cause I actually got them from the river.....and some plastic plants that, if you didn't know they were plastic, looked so real. I set the tank up as if I were a fish and this is what I'd be swimming around if I were in a river or estuary. I changed the scenery often....thinking if I were a fish, how boring this same scene would be! LMAO!

I found the coolest, battery operated vaccum though. It worked great and I didn't have to empty the tank but once every 6 months. I prolly didn't have to do it that often even....but I wanted to. Oh....and it was only a 50 gallon tank. If you had oscars, yours must have been pretty big.

~Thomas Dewar~
Old 05-04-2003, 08:59 AM
<----Snappin' Pussy

The oscars were in a 4ft tank.....i have another 4ft outside and 2x 2ft (one running) plus numerous small tanks
I'm hoping the tank will consist of mainly plants....with some small fish to set it off....probably a school of 20-30 neon tetras..with maybe a couple of discus or large angels and some bristlenose catfish.....

I reckon it will take a minimum of 6months to get the tank up and running properly

But thats not set in concrete of course *L*

*~Sharni~*

Old 05-04-2003, 12:53 PM
Prince of Pervs

OMG Sharni when we used to have tropical fish I had two Red-Tailed Black Sharks (Bob and George) They are my favourite fish ever they're soooooooo gorgeous !!!! I miss the fish tank we had to get rid of it a while ago

There are only 10 types of people in the world: Those who understand binary, and those who don't...

Sarcasm: It's not big and it's not clever...........but it's funny as fuck!

The Special One!
Old 05-04-2003, 10:07 PM

Sharniqua, that is exactly what Santiago's and my shark looks like! a Red-tailed Black Shark, eh? kick ass ^^

and now that you mention it...he IS getting wicked territorial. he chases the absolute hell out of our cherry barb. he hasnt attacked any of the others yet.

human thought is so primitive, it's looked upon as an infectious disease in some of the better galaxies. that kind of makes you proud, doesn't it?
Old 05-04-2003, 10:23 PM
<----Snappin' Pussy

misfit ~ It is only a matter of time before he starts if he already territorial.....Redtails dont rip hunks off (Though they can if the other fish sits still long enough)or anything....but will relentlessly chase the other tankmates until they are exhausted and then succumb to disease or other fish who sense the weakness..

If you have a large tank....and he has plenty of space to himself...and the others can swim around without going near his turf....then you may have a chance

The best bet with them though...is to put them in with bigger fish or slightly meaner ones that wont take his crap *LOL*

*~Sharni~*

Old 05-05-2003, 10:01 AM
~figment of imagination~

Well, I have three aquariums. hehe
One is holding plants. The second is the home to a bunch of crickets. The third, and biggest, holds my daughter's pet. A bearded dragon. He is so cute and friendly.
attached is a pic of what one looks like ...............
Attached Images
File Type: jpg beardeddragon.jpg (3.5 KB, 485 views)
~ me! ~
Old 05-05-2003, 10:14 AM
Pixie's Resident Reptile

I don't keep fish; of course, I keep an Iguana, and my wife has a Bearded Dragon, whereas my daughter has a Bell's Hingeback Tortoise. I'll get pics up when I can get some taken.
Old 05-18-2003, 01:22 AM
<----Snappin' Pussy

Are there no more Aquarium owners here??

Please add your say!! I have an empty tank and really would like some ideas

*~Sharni~*

Old 05-18-2003, 02:10 AM

Send a message via ICQ to lostintexas Send a message via Yahoo to lostintexas
i have one. its a 30 gallon octogon tank. i speeled that all wrong but, go to the local pet store and ask them what fish are compatible. i say go to the local fish store because every fish i have gotten from wal-mart/k-mart has died in a short amount of time. you know that and i am not harping i just want others that read this thread to realize that the fish you buy at wal-mart will die.

i have some gold fish that i bought as "bait" a few years ago and an algea eater. i dont have it in my heart to kill the fish and dont want to throw them out for the cats. so i keep on feeding them. the gold fish are about 6 inches long and the algea eater is about 4 inches. again i bought these fish as "fishing bait" about three years ago and have no idea why they are pets now, but hey are.
they have a graeat life and when they die i will upgrade the tank to a more favorable fish, but again, i dont have the heart to throw them out.

-lost