Live Chat

Go Back   Pixies Place Forums > Sex Talk > Advice
User Name
Password

Thread Tools Search this Thread Rate Thread Display Modes
Old 12-31-2006, 07:53 PM
~getting by~

Drug of Choice

I'm curious about your drug of choice, why you use it, and what it does for you. I've never been interested in drugs of the illegal variety. I tried cigarettes once and wasn't really interested. I'm not even one to get drunk but just to have a few drinks on occassion. So tell me... what is this "high" people speak of? What does your drug do for you?

This isn't meant to discuss the right or wrong of your choice drug, I'm just curious why you do what you do, and what it does to you.
Old 12-31-2006, 08:23 PM
♦*♥Moderatrix♥*♦

Send a message via Yahoo to Lilith
java

The practice of putting women on pedestals began to die out when it was discovered that they could give orders better from there.~ Betty Grable

If I wanted your opinion, I'd remove the duct tape and ask you for it.~ Me
<~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~>
One man's dream is another man's nightmare~~~~> §¤ Lilith ¤§

~>My Scribbles<~
==>Gone Shopping<== ~Just a Quickie~ *~A Celebration Vacation~* ~Surprises~ Sleeping With the Window Open
What Did You Do Today? Self Defense Class ~Short Sweet Snippets~ § Summer Spin § Story Challenge Submission Pajamas
Old 12-31-2006, 09:00 PM
Sin Diesel

Thumbs up

Hmmm...maybe a more apropos title would've been "Vice of Choice?" Unless we can take "drug" in the figurative sense...

With me right now it's just mainly drinks. Of that, I drink shochu (Japanese "vodka") the most because 1) I can get it cheap at my main hangout and 2) it's very easy to handle (up until a certain point). There's no sugars in it so you can't get fat, either. Beyond that, I like red wine, beers, sake, cream liquers, whisky, sometimes gin...depends on my mood and taste. I appreciate the flavor of certain drinks and at my age now I've gone through enough to know my body well, what works for me and what doesn't.

As far as smoking is concerned...I used to smoke a lot in the past...it really began in my mid-20s when I broke up with an ex that had a big impact in my heart and life. Before then I didn't smoke cigarettes at all, if it wasn't for the occasional marijuana toke. So when my heart got crushed from the breakup, I crashed HARD and I felt like being "bad" for a while...hence, I started smoking and being a nightcrawler. Pretty much the defacto "ring of fire" script us passionate starving artists go through in order to feel life. This was back when you could smoke at bars in this city and I'm glad I went through that because I experienced a lot of things from that "style" and I got a lot out of my system that I don't feel the need to pursue any longer. One grows up or hopefully evolves and things don't stay the same. Thru time, I gradually toned both smoke and drink down to the point where I only smoke when I go drink and both of those I do so maybe once or twice a week if I feel the notion, due to finances, future health concerns and my shifting to other areas of focus. Before it was just party for party's sake. Now I know that if you are able to enjoy a vice it's better to do it once in a while.

Every now and then a buddy might pass the dutchie but if I smoke too much of that shit it's during drinking time and I'll REALLY get crunk. I didn't do enough of it to develop a resistance to it like I did alcohol, so I keep it strictly minimum, if at all.

I did coke a few times, but never to the great extent that I got an addiction to it or ever felt the need to buy it. I always shared from a friend's stash if they offered and I felt like doing it.

I draw the line at needles or anything involving cutting the skin. Never did any other form of drugs, surprisingly...just didn't find an attraction and I never craved anything physically. My motto was, if I couldn't piss it out within an hour, I didn't want it! As much as I love having a good time, if I felt the need to do something "more," then I just want the easiest and least expensive method of chemical enhancement...ergo "drinking"...and not at any expensive trendoid hipster bars where it costs $10 for a fuckin' beer!

Any high that there is or will be, no matter what you do for you, is just all basically chemical...plus the mental stimulation of who you might be around and your surroundings. Like, I know what coke will do to me and so I can decide if I want to have that feeling or not. Or beer. Or wine. Or cigarette. It's best to know yourself before doing anything, otherwise you'll just do it robotically and that's what really fucks people up in the end. But most of the feeling you will have, either good or bad, I think, is mostly dependent on your surroundings and other people. Other people can make you feel really happy to have fun with them, or bring you down and totally fuck up your vibe. Same with the place. So choose your surroundings and companions accordingly. I do know that when I was younger I was looking for a "place." Something like Norm in "Cheers." I bopped all over the place and now I pretty much found my niche and stuck to it.

Ultimately, the way I feel about it all is the same as what the late, great Ray Charles once said..."I did drugs because it was my pleasure."

"When men worship me because of my breasts, I feel that I am an embodiment of the goddess that has become...a part of our collective human soul." — Chloe Vevrier

IrezumiKiss' "Erotique Nonstop" — original, libertine, dirty drawings for your pleasure:
FINALLY updated! 5/6/08
More 5/6/08

Irezumi Kiss' Library.com Page - a comprehensive listing of my bibliophilic erotic inspirations & other readin's whut I digs

Old 12-31-2006, 09:14 PM
Stiff Member

Caffeine first and alcohol second. I have used many others in the far past but no more. I don't abuse either of the two I use but my body needs me to cut out caffeine completely. Let you know how that progresses.

I can't get through to her 'cause it doesn't permit
But I'm gonna give her everything I've got to give.

I hear your sweet voice calling
out my name
As I stare from a six foot cell
And from beyond I heard the words
Deceptively Yours
Old 01-01-2007, 01:20 AM
Not there yet.....

Heinekens or Margaritas........ neither in excess.......... just when I need a buzz to forget life's day to day crap!

Afternoon Delight

Delightful Rendezvous!

Is the love I gave her in the past, gonna be enough to last, if tomorrow never comes........
Old 01-01-2007, 04:24 PM
Gone with the Wind

? of choice

"?" ... as in my "whatever" of choice.
Alcohol, specifically ethanol, or ETOH.

I love wine, brandy, and then the harder spirits, such as rum containing fruit drinks, and champagne!

The latter two are responsible for me getting into SOOOOO much trouble.

*sigh*

My only (admitted) experience with other substances resulted in the most outrageous game of "Truth or Dare" in human history.
I learned that after enough puffs of that particular type of cigarrette, I could be talked into literally ANYTHING!! One dare meant I spent almost an entire Spring Break naked! There were other, much more embarrassing events that resulted from the combination of pot and that game, but uhhhh, no, I'll stop here.
(For proof, look at back issues of the Destin FL , or Panama City Fl newspapers, (1996) with particular attention to stories mentioning "female streaker" and "Nude Woman buys gas" and "Naked Woman stops traffic")

Rum and Champagne are quite enough, thank you.

WW

---Margaret Cho
Old 01-01-2007, 05:03 PM

Old Style
Old 01-01-2007, 11:29 PM
~a little bit naughty~

I smoked cigarettes for 23 years. I also smoked pot and drank alcohol way to often for way too many years. I have quit all that and now am fully addicted to coffee! I did have two glasses of incredible champagne today, but that is now a rarity. Last night we spent New Years Eve closing down the Starbucks. What a difference my life has become.

Owning Pita, by my JassWolf!!
My Story~ Friday Night Spanking
Old 01-02-2007, 05:15 AM
Just me.

After quitting smoking in 1997 (Christmas Eve), I suppose coffee or tea are my first choices. Have a beer once in a while (once or twice a month) and maybe a wine with dinner if we go out. On very, very rare occasions, maybe a Manhatten, whiskey sour, bloody mary or tequila sunrise ... but that's maybe once or twice a year.

I get most of my "highs" and certainly my best ... from my wife.
Old 01-02-2007, 07:31 AM
Mrs FussyPucker

Entonox.

Better known as "gas and air".....I thought it was fabulous.....far better than alcohol and fewer side effects than anything else.

Made me feel like I was floating on the ceiling and like I was the funniest person in the world. I was cracking jokes and giggling at everything, but it felt like my speech was very slow and slurred.

I was totally aware of everything going on around me, even the pain I was in, but I just didn't give a shit about any of it.

Definitely the best part of the birthing experience, other than getting the baby at the end!

M Y - N A U G H T Y - P I C T U R E S ! !
Old 01-02-2007, 09:24 AM
Single scottish guy

Send a message via AIM to smithy020 Send a message via MSN to smithy020 Send a message via Yahoo to smithy020
[QUOTE=Loulabelle]Entonox.

Better known as "gas and air".....I thought it was fabulous.....far better than alcohol and fewer side effects than anything else.

I have to agree to that!!!! After doing my knee years ago i got gas and air. It was amazing!!!!
Old 01-02-2007, 11:44 AM
is not this trim anymore!

Love

With running a far second.

For it was not into my ear you whispered, but into my heart. It was not my lips you kissed, but my soul.

Complete surrender should not just come at moments in which one faces overwhelming odds, but in the calm when it seems one is personally in complete control of one's life.
Old 01-02-2007, 12:50 PM
Nurse Ratchet Graduate

Send a message via MSN to flutelady
Quote:
Originally Posted by dicksbro
I get most of my "highs" and certainly my best ... from my wife.

DB, your wife is a very lucky woman. I hope she realizes it!

My drug of choice is food. I need to cut way back.

It's no trick loving somebody at their best. Love is loving them at their worst.
~Tom Stoppard~

It isn't premarital sex if you have no intention of getting married.
~George Burns~

As bad as I am, I'm proud of the fact that I'm worse than I seem.
~A. DiFranco~
Old 01-02-2007, 08:29 PM
pixie of the wood

Send a message via Yahoo to wyndhy
nicotine-i know i should quit but i LIKE to smoke. especially with...
caffine-i have no idea why, but guzzling a double shot gives me a fun buzz, especially when combined with...
tetrahydrocannabinol- i'm part of an exclusive think-tank and we've managed to solve at least 98% of the worlds' problems pufin' a j and shootin the shit.
alcohol- i blame the boy

The forest would be very quiet if no other birds sang than those who sing the best * Henry van Dyke

some fairly sordid tales, rambles, and anecdotes
Hypothetically Speaking * Something More * Cammy Interrupted * An Experimental Vacation * Masked * so..damn..hot * Thank You * My toy, his idea * no.19 Maple Lane * I Have A Surprise For You * Yesterday * In a Quiet Kitchen * help me decide * untitled prose * more untitled prose
Old 01-03-2007, 09:58 PM

Caffeine and alcohol.

As a young one I was too self controlled for dope and other shit, and too young for the "Bex and Coke" fad.

Bex was a headache powder containing codeine and something else which when mixed with Coka-Cola gave kids a buzz.