Go Back   Pixies Place Forums > Sex Talk > General Chat
User Name
Password

Thread Tools Search this Thread Rate Thread Display Modes
Old 07-13-2013, 06:59 AM
One Hot Mamma!

Send a message via MSN to ShadowDancer Send a message via Yahoo to ShadowDancer
Update from the road to recovery...

Well...as some of you know, my husband had a bad car accident a little over a week ago. The only major injury he received was a burst fracture to his L1 vertebrae. He underwent back surgery the morning after the accident to remove the debris from his spinal cord and have steel rods & screws put in his back. After a day or two in the ICU, he stayed in intermediate care for 4.5 days, and then was transferred to an inpatient rehab facility. As of Thursday's first evaluation, he is looking at a tentative 6 wks of Physical Therapy. That's gonna be a lot of back & forth for me...and shuffling of the kidlets. But we're hopeful & all we can do is take it one day at a time. Healing thoughts & prayers (or whatever it is you do) are greatly appreciated!
“Sex is one of the most personal things we do as people. To have someone who says she loves you limit how you express yourself in the bedroom is like a small death. It kills the soul.” --Anita Blake to Jason Schuyler in "Blood Noir" by Laurell K. Hamilton
Old 07-13-2013, 09:54 AM

Hang in there! You two will be back in bed, making out like teengers before you know it!
Old 07-13-2013, 10:19 AM
Pixie's Resident Reptile

Ug. But thank you for the update. (sympathetic head bobs) from the lizard.
Old 07-13-2013, 12:43 PM
One Hot Mamma!

Quote:
Originally Posted by jseal
Hang in there! You two will be back in bed, making out like teengers before you know it!

I sincerely hope so jseal!
“Sex is one of the most personal things we do as people. To have someone who says she loves you limit how you express yourself in the bedroom is like a small death. It kills the soul.” --Anita Blake to Jason Schuyler in "Blood Noir" by Laurell K. Hamilton
Old 07-16-2013, 10:46 PM
One Hot Mamma!

!!!Another Update!!!

He walked a few steps!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Yesterday they put him on the parallel bars and he took a few tentative steps. Then by afternoon, he took a couple more using a walker and lots of help.
This morning, he walked 15 ft down a hallway with a walker and assistance from one of the therapists. Another therapist used my husband's cell phone and took video for us (about 2.5 mins worth) and my husband uploaded it to FB after his morning session. I saw it and cried tears of unadulterated JOY!
He said, when we were visiting with him this evening (I go EVERY day to see him & am spending the weekend with him at the hospital) that during his last hour of therapy for the day, he, again, got up with the walker and walked about 21.5 feet. The goal is to get up to around 105 ft, as that's one lap around the therapy gym.
Then he used the walker in his room (while the nurse & CNA stood over him) and got himself from his hosp bed to the bathroom and into his shower chair to take the first NON BED bath he's had in 2 weeks! He is not allowed to use the walker unassisted or unsupervised as he's still considered a fall risk. But this is GOOD news!!
Now, if he can get the rest of the muscle memory back and be able to flex his right ankle properly and then be able to come off his catheter we'll be even better!

But I still think the assisted walking is AWESOME! I'm so damn proud of him!!

Old 07-16-2013, 11:14 PM
Huggable!

Sounds like he's making good progress. That's so great!! Every step is a cause for cheers!! And with you as head cheerleader he's a lucky man.

Keeping you both in thought and prayers.
Old 07-17-2013, 04:30 AM

Old 07-17-2013, 05:53 AM
Just me.

Sounds like great news, ShadowDancer! Prayers will continue until he's back to 100%!
Old 07-17-2013, 05:59 AM
One Hot Mamma!

Thanks dicksbro, Teddy Bear & GG.
Old 07-17-2013, 07:42 AM
Yankee in Dixie

There is a reason slow and steady wins the race. Best to keep going just like he is a little at a time, and he'll get there. Biggest problem with anyone in physio is when they get impatient they go to far to fast and end up setting themselves back.
"BOY: On a hot summer night, would you offer your throat to the wolf with the red roses? GIRL: Will he offer me his mouth? BOY: Yes. GIRL: Will he offer me his teeth? BOY: Yes. GIRL: Will he offer me his jaws? BOY: Yes. GIRL: Will he offer me his hunger? BOY: Yes. GIRL: Again, will he offer me his hunger? BOY: Yes! GIRL: Yes. BOY: On a hot summer night, would you offer your throat to the wolf with the red roses? GIRL: Yes. BOY: I bet you say that to all the boys!" -Meatloaf
Old 07-17-2013, 08:28 AM
Pixie's Resident Reptile

Excellent progress; tell him to keep up the good work (though like LS says, patience is good).
Old 07-17-2013, 09:20 AM
♦*♥Moderatrix♥*♦

Send a message via Yahoo to Lilith
So glad to hear he is progressing! I am sure glad he has you for support! Make sure you are getting support some where too!

The practice of putting women on pedestals began to die out when it was discovered that they could give orders better from there.~ Betty Grable

If I wanted your opinion, I'd remove the duct tape and ask you for it.~ Me
<~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~>
One man's dream is another man's nightmare~~~~> §¤ Lilith ¤§

~>My Scribbles<~
==>Gone Shopping<== ~Just a Quickie~ *~A Celebration Vacation~* ~Surprises~ Sleeping With the Window Open
What Did You Do Today? Self Defense Class ~Short Sweet Snippets~ § Summer Spin § Story Challenge Submission Pajamas
Old 07-18-2013, 12:44 AM

Prayers and best wishes for his speedy recovery.
Old 07-18-2013, 10:01 PM
One Hot Mamma!

another...

He walked 40ft two separate times yesterday...20ft of it was unassisted by the therapist (the therapist wasn't hovering over him and hanging onto the walker). Today it was 56 ft! They also had him go up and down a set of like 3-5 steps w/o his walker and just using the hand rails. Then he had to get in and out of a "car" that is in the therapy gym. They are surprised by his progress in just a week. He is set for 5 more weeks now, pending weekly approval from our insurance. I will be spending tomorrow night and Saturday night there with him and so, I will only be able to access Pixies from my phone since this isn't an "approved" website by their wifi...(if they only knew of the therapeutic benefits of this place, right?!? LOL)

I'm definitely his biggest supporter (well maybe other than his mother and our kids)...and keep telling him on a daily basis to Do It Big and Git-R-Done!! (but safely!!)
Old 07-18-2013, 10:06 PM
Pixie's Resident Reptile

Woo, and also, hoo!