Go Back   Pixies Place Forums > Sex Talk > General Chat
User Name
Password

Thread Tools Search this Thread Rate Thread Display Modes
Old 07-19-2013, 07:16 AM
♦*♥Moderatrix♥*♦

Send a message via Yahoo to Lilith
Super great news. So happy to hear!

The practice of putting women on pedestals began to die out when it was discovered that they could give orders better from there.~ Betty Grable

If I wanted your opinion, I'd remove the duct tape and ask you for it.~ Me
<~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~>
One man's dream is another man's nightmare~~~~> §¤ Lilith ¤§

~>My Scribbles<~
==>Gone Shopping<== ~Just a Quickie~ *~A Celebration Vacation~* ~Surprises~ Sleeping With the Window Open
What Did You Do Today? Self Defense Class ~Short Sweet Snippets~ § Summer Spin § Story Challenge Submission Pajamas
Old 07-19-2013, 03:44 PM
Missing the Angels

That's GREAT!!!
Old 07-20-2013, 01:31 PM
Manwhore

That sounds like very excellent progress!

Glad to hear it.

Clever? Nah, I ran out of that years ago. But if you find this, let me know, k?
"The road goes ever on..." ~ Tolkien

In memory of my friend skip...
Go then, there are other worlds than these
Old 07-22-2013, 04:55 AM
One Hot Mamma!

Send a message via MSN to ShadowDancer Send a message via Yahoo to ShadowDancer
Saturday was a light therapy day...1.5 hrs as opposed to the 3 hrs he gets M-F. He totally surpasses his personal goal of walking 75 ft. He went 103 ft on his first try, 125 ft on his 2nd try. His ultimate goal (to come off the blood thinners) is to regularly go 150 ft..or more. I think he will hit that milestone this week...probably today (Monday). He has lost like 30lbs since the accident! I really noticed it Saturday night when I helped (well supervised really) with his shower.
“Sex is one of the most personal things we do as people. To have someone who says she loves you limit how you express yourself in the bedroom is like a small death. It kills the soul.” --Anita Blake to Jason Schuyler in "Blood Noir" by Laurell K. Hamilton
Old 07-22-2013, 07:03 AM
Yankee in Dixie

Hospital food is "nutritious", but generally tastes like crap and doesn't have nearly as many calories. If it's a cause for concern you can ask his doctors about giving him some kind of protein shake/bar.
"BOY: On a hot summer night, would you offer your throat to the wolf with the red roses? GIRL: Will he offer me his mouth? BOY: Yes. GIRL: Will he offer me his teeth? BOY: Yes. GIRL: Will he offer me his jaws? BOY: Yes. GIRL: Will he offer me his hunger? BOY: Yes. GIRL: Again, will he offer me his hunger? BOY: Yes! GIRL: Yes. BOY: On a hot summer night, would you offer your throat to the wolf with the red roses? GIRL: Yes. BOY: I bet you say that to all the boys!" -Meatloaf
Old 07-22-2013, 07:51 AM

If the patient isn't burning the calories, a high cal diet is inappropriate. As a side point, if hubby is 30lbs lighter, holding himself up and walking will be easier.
Old 07-22-2013, 08:31 AM
Yankee in Dixie

I agree that high calorie diet is inappropriate should the person in question be incapacitated to some extent. Also keep in mind, that the body burns calories to heal itself. If nothing else showing concern about the weightless to the physician wouldn't be a bad idea. Doctors are human after all, and he might not have noticed how much Shadow's guy has lost. Course I could be wrong. He might have needed to lose 30 lbs to help with other health issues.
"BOY: On a hot summer night, would you offer your throat to the wolf with the red roses? GIRL: Will he offer me his mouth? BOY: Yes. GIRL: Will he offer me his teeth? BOY: Yes. GIRL: Will he offer me his jaws? BOY: Yes. GIRL: Will he offer me his hunger? BOY: Yes. GIRL: Again, will he offer me his hunger? BOY: Yes! GIRL: Yes. BOY: On a hot summer night, would you offer your throat to the wolf with the red roses? GIRL: Yes. BOY: I bet you say that to all the boys!" -Meatloaf
Old 07-22-2013, 06:19 PM

A shadow of his former self?

It may help if we knew how 30lbs compared with the start weight.
Old 07-22-2013, 11:33 PM
One Hot Mamma!

No question that he needed to lose the weight. The week before his accident he had a doc appt for a check up & weighed 298lbs. He weighed 268lbs this past Saturday morning. Thats 30lbs in 3wks. This time last year he weighed 335lbs and lost down to the 298 by last Christmas. The first week or 2 of recovery, he was eating very little. I was kinda concerned. Turns out it started affecting how he was healing, so last week they put him on 2 different nutritional supplements, Glucerna & Juven in addition to his 3 meals a day plus a snack (he gets a diabetic diet).
“Sex is one of the most personal things we do as people. To have someone who says she loves you limit how you express yourself in the bedroom is like a small death. It kills the soul.” --Anita Blake to Jason Schuyler in "Blood Noir" by Laurell K. Hamilton
Old 07-23-2013, 03:51 AM

This seems to be a multiple health benefit.
Old 07-23-2013, 04:11 AM
Pixie's Resident Reptile

Injury bad. Recovery good.
Old 07-23-2013, 08:16 AM
♦*♥Moderatrix♥*♦

Send a message via Yahoo to Lilith
SD- Several years ago when I had to have major surgery, because I was a diabetic they kept giving me insulin shots which I had never taken before. The rule was any sugars over 100 = getting insulin. So I kid you not they would give me a shot and then leave me cookies and milk because they said I was going to plummet. It was crazy and one reason I worked so hard to get the hell out of there as fast as I could. Grats on less of your hubby to love but probably longer to love him now!

The practice of putting women on pedestals began to die out when it was discovered that they could give orders better from there.~ Betty Grable

If I wanted your opinion, I'd remove the duct tape and ask you for it.~ Me
<~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~>
One man's dream is another man's nightmare~~~~> §¤ Lilith ¤§

~>My Scribbles<~
==>Gone Shopping<== ~Just a Quickie~ *~A Celebration Vacation~* ~Surprises~ Sleeping With the Window Open
What Did You Do Today? Self Defense Class ~Short Sweet Snippets~ § Summer Spin § Story Challenge Submission Pajamas
Old 07-29-2013, 12:54 AM
Awesome on my Own

It was great to Skype with you two! I hope that you know that you have a whole team of Pixies hoping and praying for a swift recovery for your dear hubby!
Old 07-29-2013, 02:50 AM
Just me.

Amen to the good wishes for her husband, Lizzardbits!

SD, we're supporting him and you!
Old 08-01-2013, 10:53 PM
One Hot Mamma!

Woot! Woot! Yay!!!

Last week, my husband was told 4 more weeks of inpatient rehab with Siskin. Today, being Thursday, was evaluation day again. And...drumroll please...
HE IS DOWN TO ONLY TWO WEEKS LEFT!!!

Now, of course, once he's home, he'll have to continue with outpatient phys therapy & occupational therapy for a while yet...but I'm just THRILLED he's coming home!!!