Live Chat

Go Back   Pixies Place Forums > Sex Talk > General Chat
User Name
Password

Thread Tools Search this Thread Rate Thread Display Modes
Old 10-30-2003, 08:16 PM

Sharniqua,

I find myself in the most unusual position of agreeing with seriousfun.

Are you suggesting that because someone may disagree with what you have to say on some subject that they will take offense? Further, are you suggesting that because someone may take offense with what you say on some subject that "it should be done offlist...by email or instant messenger!!"?

Where then is your freedom to express yourself? Is your ability to articulate your opinions and beliefs to be sacrificed on the altar of someone else’s sensibilities?

We are on an adult web site, in a General Discussion forum. I would like to believe that adult issues – other than the baser ones – might be discussed without being subjected to the ire of those who have been here a lot longer that I.
Old 10-30-2003, 08:36 PM

lakritze,

I’m not so sure about cardamom, but I’ll bet the mint would be nice. I’ll admit that chocolate chip ice cream is my favorite.
Old 10-30-2003, 10:27 PM
<----Snappin' Pussy

For the third time *sigh*

Can you not see where ppl will not agree on this....i have seen this sort of thing turn ugly...and members feel offended

Politics and religion are two things i believe should never be discussed here....they are far too touchy

Quote:
might be discussed without being subjected to the ire of those who have been here a lot longer that I

I'm confused....What IRE have i subjected....i have not raised an angry word that i remember??....I'll have a please explain to that thank you!

You prattle on about freedom of speech...what a load of frogshit...it appears ok for you to have you opinion....but its not ok for me to state my thoughts...hmmmmm interesting

Back to ice-cream or sex (or both if preferred *LOL*)

*~Sharni~*

If you go hunting tigers....be prepared when ya catch one!
Old 10-30-2003, 11:32 PM
♦*♥Moderatrix♥*♦

Send a message via Yahoo to Lilith
People are more than welcome to discuss things of all kinds on this forum whether it be politics, or how the site is being managed etc. as long as they do so respectfully. However Sharni is right when she speaks of threads like this having caused hurt feelings in the past. Recently we had another thread that caused many hurt feelings but everyone handled it with grace and dignity. I expect no less from this thread.

Repeatedly it has been the same few people who feel the need to discuss, basically this same topic, over and over. So how about you guys get it all off your chests and get it over with because frankly, I am bored with it. I am changing the title of the thread to reflect that it is in fact political so that people can choose to avoid it easier if they wish.

If this thread becomes personal or the posts become disrespectful it will disappear.

The practice of putting women on pedestals began to die out when it was discovered that they could give orders better from there.~ Betty Grable

If I wanted your opinion, I'd remove the duct tape and ask you for it.~ Me
<~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~>
One man's dream is another man's nightmare~~~~> §¤ Lilith ¤§

~>My Scribbles<~
==>Gone Shopping<== ~Just a Quickie~ *~A Celebration Vacation~* ~Surprises~ Sleeping With the Window Open
What Did You Do Today? Self Defense Class ~Short Sweet Snippets~ § Summer Spin § Story Challenge Submission Pajamas
Old 10-31-2003, 01:26 AM

Send a message via Yahoo to Grumble
I think this thread is interesting and like a TV channel, if you are bored with it or dont like it, dont go to it.

From what I have seen there has been no flaming, the most heated, if that is the right word, comments have been about whether we should be discussing this subject or not.

Luckily in pixies, it is very rare that threads get out of hand and the moderators are very diligent in making sure that it does not get out of hand, sometimes, in my opinion, a little too diligent LOL but I certainly respect them and support them, even if occassionally I do not always agree.

The diversity of opinions is healthy and interesting.

*Grumble steps down from the soapbox *
Old 10-31-2003, 08:17 AM

Quote:
Originally posted by Sharniqua
For the third time *sigh*

Sharniqua,

I am sure that we agree that patience is a virtue.

You are probably right to opine that people will not agree on this. Freedom of speech has always been, is now, and always will be a hotly debated subject. I think you are quite wrong however, to suggest that such a debate is unsuited for a public forum. I believe that adults are up to the task.

As I recall, the traditional quote is “Politics and religion should be avoided in polite conversation.” As some of the thread participants seem comfortable expressing themselves using terms such as “shit” and “frogshit”, I believe that we may safely dismiss THAT allusion.

In re your quote from my post:

When I was a lad, oh so long ago, a women who expressed herself to me as knowing quite well where she was and at the same time referring to me as “sonny” and then Laughed Out Loud was commonly wagging her finger, usually scornful, and always admonishing me of the correctness of her position. She was also, usually, angry at me for whatever transgression she thought I was guilty of, and very definitely angry at me for daring to challenge her authority. Although it is possible that you and I do not share this perception, I suspect that many of the members here do share such memories, as I see such behavior commonly practiced today.

With this in mind, let us examine the first sentence in your post to seriousfun. I trust that you are satisfied with the explanation I have provided, and that you are no longer confused about what I had to say.

You are incorrect when you say that I prattle about freedom of speech. If you take the time to read my postings on the subject, I think you will find that they are neither foolish nor simple-minded. Freedom of speech is a complex subject which has engaged many of the best minds that humanity has produced. Some conversations on the subject are, by definition, more substantial than others. While I won’t presume to tell you that my opinions on the subject are valuable, I will go so far as to assert that you are entitled to your opinion, even if I do find it, at times, unnecessarily discourteous.

The allusion to hypocrisy towards the bottom of your post is inaccurate. If you take the time to read my postings on this thread, I’m confident you’ll understand that I firmly support the proposition that people should be able to say what they believe here and elsewhere. Your posting is a ringing (if somewhat antagonistic) affirmation of my position.

I happen to disagree with what you have to say on this subject. I think that the discussion should not be suppressed.

Lilith, thanks for the name change. That may help protect those who need it.
Old 10-31-2003, 09:21 AM
1 of 8,111,103,258

Yah Lil. Thanks for the protection. I need it as I'm going to clean my boots now and don't want to accidentally step in any more of this verbosity again.

"If God didn't want you to play with it, He would have put it between your shoulder blades,..... not at the end of your arm"

Except for speculation, we ONLY have NOW and EACHOTHER!

real world of cyber people ~ Pixies ~ real people of the cyber world
Old 10-31-2003, 09:49 AM
is not this trim anymore!

I've found Ginger ice cream to be very refreshing. No cracks about Mary Ann, please. ha ha

For it was not into my ear you whispered, but into my heart. It was not my lips you kissed, but my soul.

Complete surrender should not just come at moments in which one faces overwhelming odds, but in the calm when it seems one is personally in complete control of one's life.
Old 10-31-2003, 10:30 AM

WildIrish,

OK, I'll bite. What is the Mary Ann issue?
Old 10-31-2003, 10:31 AM
Pixies Den Mother

Send a message via ICQ to Sugarsprinkles Send a message via MSN to Sugarsprinkles Send a message via Yahoo to Sugarsprinkles
jseal,
You know............Gilligan's Island, Ginger......Mary Ann.......
Dream Date
Just Desserts
Internet Lovers Meet - Part 1
Internet Lovers Meet - Part 2
Internet Lovers Meet - Part 3
RAVISHED!!
My Birthday - A Fantasy
Old 10-31-2003, 10:51 AM

Sugarsprinkles,

Oh. Yes. My aversion to TV comes back to bite me.

Speaking of which, as I recall, both Ginger and Mary Ann looked delicious.
Old 10-31-2003, 11:42 AM
Made in England

oh please...I am not defending communism in this post but I am trying to make my point...

There was a witch hunt in the 50's run by McCarthy and many innocent people were blacklisted, never to work again. Many were in the entertainment industry. Many had nothing to do with communism but even still once they appeared in front of the committee of Unamerican Activities they were blackballed. I am not going to say I agree or disagree with these celebraties but what I do say is this. They are entitled to their opinion on everything and anything just as we are.......
That public information announcement is a list nontheless "a warning" and a request to boycott someone for not holding the beliefs of the writer of the article. It is no better than propaganda and in saying all this I will shut up! Did I ever tell anyone the time I met Martin Sheen and................... LOL
Old 10-31-2003, 11:49 AM
Made in England

Re: Re: Very interesting!

Quote:
Originally posted by jseal

Ah well, there are no utopias…

LMAO.......it is obvious then that you have not been in my bed!!!(
Old 10-31-2003, 12:02 PM

BIBI,

Yes. Not only could it happen here, but it already has. Mr. Sheen and the other 112 people on that list have displayed a measure of courage by stepping out and saying what they believe in. Granted, some of what they actually said would have benefited by being rephrased, but nonetheless they had the courage of their convictions.

Free speech seldom comes for free.

Now as for utopia, now THAT is something to strive for!
Old 10-31-2003, 12:14 PM
Made in England

Quote:
Originally posted by Aqua

I'm gonna use this list... I think I'll start with renting a Martin Sheen flick....

May I recommend...The Dead Zone, great movie..... for you would find me in that movie too He plays a senator in the running to be president........LOL I guess he finally made it!