Live Chat

Go Back   Pixies Place Forums > Sex Talk > General Chat
User Name
Password

Thread Tools Search this Thread Rate Thread Display Modes
Old 08-30-2006, 10:08 PM
Awesome on my Own

I love Eliza's suggestion on highlighting the stories/poetry section. We have some very talented writers!
Old 08-30-2006, 11:14 PM
Carpe diem

Eliza makes some excellent points. Her suggestions re increasing the focus on stories are great.

I also concur with Eliza that we need to make a real effort to respond to threads initiated by those who are new or seldom start threads…that will reduce the likelihood of the thread falling on its face (which can make an infrequent thread-generator less likely to try in the future) and encourages the member to post more new threads.

Can the Pixies’ CHAT link be fixed so that it takes us to the correct CHAT site rather than to a non-functioning site? Also, how about promoting online chat more in the threads (so that more members get involved and that there are people in chat more hours of the day)? Chat gives us a way to better know members. When CHAT is fun and lively, people will tend to come back more often to both it and the Pixies boards.

The political, social, religious threads are OK as long as posters don’t become malicious in their responses (remember, these are our OPINIONS we are posting, not the word of God)…plus those of us who read these types of threads need to have thick skins because we must realize that there will be some who say things that we totally disagree with or that we find offensive…such is life with these type of subjects. Remember, being challenged by different opinions is good for us.

We might get more new members if people doing web searches for something like “erotic stories”, have PIXIES come up when they do the search. Can the Pixies host use some tags that will move Pixies up on the search engines?
Old 08-31-2006, 02:57 AM
Everybody Stretch!

I'm still around but not as often and I miss "the good ole days".

I can't even stay this morning to say what I want to say...but I'll try to get back on tonight to post in a frenzy!

~Thomas Dewar~
Old 08-31-2006, 04:49 AM
♦*♥Moderatrix♥*♦

Send a message via Yahoo to Lilith
Thanks for the ideas. I too agree that we need to focus more on the stories which were the original reason for the site. Pics were the afterthought. I will get to work on seeing what we can do to work on those ideas.

The pic policy situation is what it is. If you look at the information it tells you what is and is not permissible as per the owner's interpretation of the law. However people can now and always have been able to post whatever they want. If the moderators feel it is a problem or it gets complaints then it will be removed. Pics are provided by the members not by the owners.

The practice of putting women on pedestals began to die out when it was discovered that they could give orders better from there.~ Betty Grable

If I wanted your opinion, I'd remove the duct tape and ask you for it.~ Me
<~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~>
One man's dream is another man's nightmare~~~~> §¤ Lilith ¤§

~>My Scribbles<~
==>Gone Shopping<== ~Just a Quickie~ *~A Celebration Vacation~* ~Surprises~ Sleeping With the Window Open
What Did You Do Today? Self Defense Class ~Short Sweet Snippets~ § Summer Spin § Story Challenge Submission Pajamas
Old 08-31-2006, 05:05 AM
Pixies Horse Widower

Send a message via ICQ to dm383
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lilith
This morning as I sat here at Pixies alone, completely alone. I was shocked and disheartened to see I was really alone. No members, no guests.

I have noticed a dramatic drop in posts and new threads as well. Is it possible that we have run out of things to say? Are people just too busy to bother anymore?

At first I blamed the time of year but it usually picks up. We have always praised the community when things were busy and humming along. What about when it's not? Being stagnant is not a good thing for a forum community.

One problem I know is that Kim used to pimp links to our site on other sites to keep fresh visitors coming and that no longer happens. Another problem has been the change of chat to smaller and less frequented networks (originally we were on a huge sex based one).

I guess I'm asking for your opinion and some advice. How can we keep the place we love so much fresh and inviting?

It wouldn't have been the first time this happened to me, Lilith! I have to say, the 2 or 3 times it happened, there were one or two guests on..... also, I logged on last week, and there were 5 (I think) members here, but only 1 "visible" ~ me!

Opinion? Well, to be blunt, I think it stinks! I take your, and others, point about the "pimping" on other sites - if I remember aright, it's how I got here! Came for the stories, hung around a bit for the pics....... and stayed for the people!

Advice? None at the moment, I'm afraid. I barely make it through the day some days; others, I'm just too friggin busy to even get here - which , I suppose, is a difficulty many others share.

I firmly believe the trend will reverse; after all, no matter if there are "cliques" here, we still make mewbies a damn sight more welcome than certain other sites I could name......... don't we?

Shoot............just noticed the time. gotta run!!

TTFN

DM
I only own my mind
Old 08-31-2006, 05:12 AM
♦*♥Moderatrix♥*♦

Oops I for got to address chat.

There are links to chat that work. The one that does not is the one from the forum page. It has been fixed several time but always something comes up to cause a problem. My answer would be to remove it or to simply have it link to the actual chat loggin page. I will continue to try to get that one fixed or changed.

The practice of putting women on pedestals began to die out when it was discovered that they could give orders better from there.~ Betty Grable

~>My Scribbles<~
==>Gone Shopping<== ~Just a Quickie~ *~A Celebration Vacation~* ~Surprises~ Sleeping With the Window Open
What Did You Do Today? Self Defense Class ~Short Sweet Snippets~ § Summer Spin § Story Challenge Submission Pajamas
Old 08-31-2006, 07:53 AM
Not there yet.....

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lilith
Oops I for got to address chat.

There are links to chat that work. The one that does not is the one from the forum page. It has been fixed several time but always something comes up to cause a problem. My answer would be to remove it or to simply have it link to the actual chat loggin page. I will continue to try to get that one fixed or changed.

Ahhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh..... no wonder NOBODY is there when I go visit....... I thought I smelled badly and everyone ran for the hills!

I'll need advice at some point to get on.......... (so I can get off!!)

Afternoon Delight

Delightful Rendezvous!

Is the love I gave her in the past, gonna be enough to last, if tomorrow never comes........
Old 08-31-2006, 07:57 AM
is not this trim anymore!

I try to interact with pretty much everyone, but nobody seems to remember that I'm a dumbass goofball!

Will everyone stop taking me so friggin seriously? Look at me! I'm a half naked skinny guy with his penis covered with relish & mustard (when it's not spray-painted orange)! My only threesome was with two ginormous teddy bears! I posted a pictorial thread based solely upon mistaking "heating muscle rub" for butt lube!

What on earth would lead anyone to believe a serious word I say?

For it was not into my ear you whispered, but into my heart. It was not my lips you kissed, but my soul.

Complete surrender should not just come at moments in which one faces overwhelming odds, but in the calm when it seems one is personally in complete control of one's life.
Old 08-31-2006, 08:00 AM
Not there yet.....

Quote:
Originally Posted by flutelady
I spend alot less time here than I used to. Largely because Denny and I live together and we're so busy with life, family, and each other. Partly, and this is being honest, because I oftentimes feel a bit snubbed.

Please don't beat me up for that comment. An honestly asked question deserves an honest reply.

How could anyone do that to such a cuddly sexy woman? (((((Flutelady))))))

Oh I got it now.... you just said that so you could get one of my patented (((((hugs)))))

We all get moody at times or just palin tired and may come off as rude...... when you can't hear a person's voice , it's hard to tell if they are rude or joking around.............. (me guilty sometimes)

Afternoon Delight

Delightful Rendezvous!

Is the love I gave her in the past, gonna be enough to last, if tomorrow never comes........
Old 08-31-2006, 08:45 AM
pixie of the wood

Send a message via Yahoo to wyndhy
besides the other terrific suggestions, every once in a while begin a thread like this, 'cause i've noticed it helped - more posts, people who are usually slent are saying more. i guess we just need to be reminded every now and then.

The forest would be very quiet if no other birds sang than those who sing the best * Henry van Dyke

some fairly sordid tales, rambles, and anecdotes
Hypothetically Speaking * Something More * Cammy Interrupted * An Experimental Vacation * Masked * so..damn..hot * Thank You * My toy, his idea * no.19 Maple Lane * I Have A Surprise For You * Yesterday * In a Quiet Kitchen * help me decide * untitled prose * more untitled prose
Old 08-31-2006, 10:54 AM
Turn it up!

Send a message via AIM to scotzoidman Send a message via Yahoo to scotzoidman
Quote:
Originally Posted by WildIrish
I try to interact with pretty much everyone, but nobody seems to remember that I'm a dumbass goofball!

Will everyone stop taking me so friggin seriously? Look at me! I'm a half naked skinny guy with his penis covered with relish & mustard (when it's not spray-painted orange)! My only threesome was with two ginormous teddy bears! I posted a pictorial thread based solely upon mistaking "heating muscle rub" for butt lube!

What on earth would lead anyone to believe a serious word I say?

What on earth makes you think anybody takes anything you say seriously?

If the theory does not conform to the facts, then the facts must be discarded.

No good deed ever goes unpunished

Never argue with an idiot. He'll drag you down to his level, & beat you with experience.
Old 08-31-2006, 10:59 AM
Turn it up!

Send a message via AIM to scotzoidman Send a message via Yahoo to scotzoidman
On a more serious note, I think improving the traffic in Chat would be be another to get a little more participation...nothing against these folks, but it was getting to be the same faces there every night, & familiarity breeds blahblahblah....we used to get fresh meat, uh, I mean faces in chat all the time

If the theory does not conform to the facts, then the facts must be discarded.

No good deed ever goes unpunished

Never argue with an idiot. He'll drag you down to his level, & beat you with experience.
Old 08-31-2006, 12:03 PM
Missing the Angels

I don't visit other sites so I can't pass the word that way. I have told a few friends and they have joined. Have'nt been in chat much cause I have'nt had anything to say.

Sometimes I feel like posting a lot and other times I just look. PMS has been bad lately and I don't wanna be a bitch so I keep my fingers still. Then there is the stress that has come and gone over the summer........I'm sorting that out and hopefully will feel like myself soon.

Hitting 40 has been rough and I need to make some changes if I wanna see my girl grow up and have her own babies.

We all came to Pixies for one reason or another, and we all hope Pixies is around forever and ever, it's like our 2nd family but as too getting new members I don't know what to offer for suggestions. I agree that the stories seem to draw peeps to Pixies and some new member's reference that but I also notice that guest's do read the forums too. Granted you have to be a member to post but guest's can read all about our lives we have posted in the forums. Maybe if some of the forums were locked and for members only more guest's would register. Maybe leave like stories, news and smut games for guest's to view and others would require registering. I dunno, I just think that maybe some guest's don't register cause they can view it all without having too. I don't even know if I make sense. Maybe I should have waited to post when my funk had lifted more.
Old 08-31-2006, 05:41 PM
♦*♥Moderatrix♥*♦

Quote:
Originally Posted by wyndhy
besides the other terrific suggestions, every once in a while begin a thread like this, 'cause i've noticed it helped - more posts, people who are usually slent are saying more. i guess we just need to be reminded every now and then.

~>My Scribbles<~
Old 08-31-2006, 05:45 PM
Is it time to get up?

Yes, this is a really good thread. It's only if we know what is happening in peoples lives that we can see the cause of diminishing posts.

And as some have shared their feelings rather honestly, hopefully people will be aware and take account of it where needed.