Live Chat

Go Back   Pixies Place Forums > Sex Talk > General Chat
User Name
Password

Thread Tools Search this Thread Rate Thread Display Modes
Old 04-08-2004, 05:59 PM
Multi-Sexual

Scooter girl is from my home town of Grand Rapids. Her school used to compete against ours in sports, and when she was in Track and Field, she competed against the team level below me.

Course, I never actually knew her, but when I looked her up online, I found all sorts of neat "close encounters".
Old 04-08-2004, 06:22 PM

Send a message via AIM to StarfishBaby Send a message via Yahoo to StarfishBaby
Scooter Girl was definately great. She was so full of energy and just sooo cool. I do agree that some people who made it should not have and some people who didn't make it should have. I hate to say it but I am just not a kelly clarkson fan, I think she should be singing country..although whatever soul or r&b song she does is nice, but that is where I draw the line with her. I really did want to be happy she won but I just like tamyra better...lol..oh well
Old 04-08-2004, 07:27 PM
Pixies Den Mother

Send a message via ICQ to Sugarsprinkles Send a message via MSN to Sugarsprinkles Send a message via Yahoo to Sugarsprinkles
This was my first time watching American Idol. A friend got me started watching the auditions and after that I was hooked! I agree..........I LOVED Scooter Girl!!! Maybe she'll try again next season.
Tuesday this week I wondered if the judges were watching the same competition I was. I know John Stevens won't win, but I thought his perfomance of "Crocodile Rock" was very good, a nice change for him but still not out of his range. And they all trashed him. I thought JPL did a good job on "Rocket Man" and they trashed him too. The only thing I agreed with them on was how bad Camille was. She should have been voted off after she did "Desperado" on Contry music night.

I can't stand Fantasia! Yes, she can sing, but her attitude just puts me completely off! I don't like the way she's always smarting off at Simon. So he's a jerk, but she needs to attempt to accept his criticism graciously and not smart mouth him.
I think George is getting better every week. But I really love Jasmine, although I don't know how much longer she'll be around. I think my money is on George or Jennifer Hudson.
Dream Date
Just Desserts
Internet Lovers Meet - Part 1
Internet Lovers Meet - Part 2
Internet Lovers Meet - Part 3
RAVISHED!!
My Birthday - A Fantasy
Old 04-08-2004, 09:32 PM
Multi-Sexual

I think they were fairly harsh on almost everyone this week. Now, sure, we're not sitting there hearing it live, but I think most the performances are great. I was never a fan of Camile, or Leah. Camile has a good voice, but she always looked like she was terrified and going to cry when she was singing.
Old 04-09-2004, 08:38 AM
Everybody Stretch!

I adore Diana's range! She sings from deep within her diaphram and takes a note from low to high flawlessly. Fuck Simon and the boat he floated in on! OK...that was unfair, as I do respect some of his criticisms...but damn, he's harsh on her! I'm watching her closest. She's my top fave so far.

George makes me smile! He's got something that won't go unnoticed! However far he goes, a scout has seen him and he'll be a household name in time to come.

Latoya is so beautiful and has a voice to go with that beauty. "A cat on her head", my ass! I love watching all the hopefuls change their style as the weeks go on. I'm loving her short hair in the last two episodes. Simon needs to get off her ass as well...though I think she appreciates his critic, however mean it comes out. She'll go far too!

Fantasia has a shot at this! Good gawd, how will we choose just one? She gives me goose bumps...but they all do, for that matter.

I love John Steven's "crooner" voice. He's an up and coming Harry Connick Jr. I think he'll not make it to the final 3...but someone just has to take him under their wing and hone that "era gone by" voice of his! His grandparents are so proud of him! Me too!

OMG! Almost forgot the girl with the flower in her hair (shit, forgot her name)...but she is so good too...laryngitis <sp?> or not, that girl can sing!

I loved Amy as well (pink haired girl) and was sad to see her go before Jon Peter...though I like Jon Peter's voice sometime, I cannot bear to watch him dance! LMFAO!

Jennifer is good...and then not so good...and then good again...and so on. I dunno, but I don't see "idol" around her (same with John and Jon Peter).

Was glad to see Camile go. I never liked her voice or style and was totally surprised at how far she got!

I'm holding out on voting till the final 3...cause I always thought I would suck if called for jury duty!

The thing I have the most trouble with in this show is the fact that the "judges" put down the singer when they are singing (giving their all) songs completely out of their genre. This show is called "American Idol"...NOT "American Pop, I can sing it all, Idol"! Give credit where credit is due, for crying out loud! Who ever thought we'd see John Stevens get animated? LOL! Hey! He's trying, as are all the contestants!

~Thomas Dewar~
Old 04-09-2004, 11:44 AM
Multi-Sexual

I was sad to see Amy go, too. I loved her voice. Jasmine (the hawiian with the flower) has a good voice, too. I can see her as a sort of Vanessa Williams in musical style. She does really good with the long slow ballads.

I agree about Jennifer. Sometimes she nails it, but when she doesn't, she's about 4 feet away from the nail wacking away at a peice of wood.
Old 04-09-2004, 01:32 PM
Nurse Ratchet Graduate

Send a message via MSN to flutelady
I LOVE American Idol, and I just want to say that I'm thrilled that this thread has gotten such a good response and that I'm amid fellow AI fans! (((((hugs))))) for you all. Yes, I know that's cheesy of me, but OH WELL!

One more comment about Camille. I really hope she gets some professional training, because she's got a very Sheryl Crow-like quality about her voice.

I too hope that Scooter-Girl comes back next year. I was amazed when they cut her.

It's tough to predict who the final 3 will be, but I hope George and Latoya are among them.

It's no trick loving somebody at their best. Love is loving them at their worst.
~Tom Stoppard~

It isn't premarital sex if you have no intention of getting married.
~George Burns~

As bad as I am, I'm proud of the fact that I'm worse than I seem.
~A. DiFranco~
Old 04-09-2004, 02:03 PM
Multi-Sexual

Camile does have a great voice, but does need the training. I liked Matt, but he just seemed more like a wedding singer than a pop star.

And just what is the deal with William Hung getting a record contract? My god, hello people, open your ears!
Old 04-09-2004, 02:13 PM
Nurse Ratchet Graduate

I think William Hung is horrible, but he's also got a charming way about him.... I think he's so bad that people love to love him... make sense? I, however, am not one of those people.

His CD's are supposedly out in the local stores and I'm willing to bet that they sell well... as gag gifts.

It's no trick loving somebody at their best. Love is loving them at their worst.
~Tom Stoppard~

~George Burns~

~A. DiFranco~
Old 04-09-2004, 03:01 PM
Everybody Stretch!

I've gotta go back to Camile for a moment, because I think she is so misguided! She has this "homey in da hood" thing going on...and then when she sings, she sings as if she is singing along with a rap/R&B song! She has a voice...but seems as if she's so used to singing along with the CD or radio, that she loses something in person...without the original artist singing back-up for/with her. Paula kept trying and trying to tell her..."be true to yourself and choose songs that let your style shine through". I think Camile could use a reality check and a voice coach to get her up to her obvious potential. But, I bet she is a f'in blast at a party!

Oh...and while I'm here...who loved John Stevens' version of "King of the Road"? OMG! I was a singin and a singin...right along with him!

~Thomas Dewar~
Old 04-09-2004, 03:06 PM
Nurse Ratchet Graduate

LMAO Lixy... I was singing along with "King Of The Road", too!! My girls were yelling at me to be quiet, but I couldn't resist!

I agree about Camille... and I hope she follows thru and does the work she needs to do to train her voice. She's darling, isn't she?

~Tom Stoppard~

~George Burns~

~A. DiFranco~
Old 04-09-2004, 03:22 PM
Everybody Stretch!

"Trailers for sale or rent...rooms to let, fifty cents...no phone, no food, no pets...I ain't got no cigarettes............."

~Thomas Dewar~
Old 04-09-2004, 03:26 PM
Everybody Stretch!

Shit...that reminds me of a place I stayed when I moved to Fla. Had no job or destination and stayed in a two bit motel for the first week in Key Largo. Oh, the memories!

~Thomas Dewar~
Old 04-09-2004, 03:29 PM
Nurse Ratchet Graduate

LOL... were you snapping your fingers while you were singing? I was!

~Tom Stoppard~

~George Burns~

~A. DiFranco~
Old 04-09-2004, 03:33 PM
Everybody Stretch!

OMG YES! I had to! Ain't no other way to sing that song! LOL!

~Thomas Dewar~