Live Chat

Go Back   Pixies Place Forums > Sex Talk > General Chat
User Name
Password

Thread Tools Search this Thread Rate Thread Display Modes
Old 09-10-2005, 09:57 AM
Wishful Thinker

Send a message via ICQ to BigBear57 Send a message via MSN to BigBear57 Send a message via Yahoo to BigBear57
Just wondering

OK, having a discussion with a friend makes me ask our panel of experts.... do women view their men friends as those I would mate and date and those I buddy with but would never date?

Love is not looking in each other's eyes, but looking together in the same direction - Antoine De Saint-Exupery
Old 09-10-2005, 10:05 AM
broken

Send a message via Yahoo to FallenAngel5
Well... I know for me that the distinction exists, but it's normally an unconscious thing. I don't line my male friend up and say yes, yes, no, yes... There's some that I've thought about dating, and others that I've thought about definitely not dating, but most I've just never given thought to. If I did, they would fall into one category or the other, I'm sure, but it's not at the top of my list.
Baby I’m your slave
I’ll let you whip me if I misbehave
Tie me to the bedpost
I like it rough
cause I'd rather feel pain than nothing at all
Old 09-10-2005, 11:14 AM
Suprise Me

Interesting question...

When I was single, men friends were just men friends to me. When I considered them a "buddy" I didn't usually place them on the "would like to date list".

Old 09-10-2005, 11:29 AM
Learning to talk sexy

Hmmmmm.... interesting question BigBear .... I've never really thought about it in generic terms .... my friends are my friends .... (men or women) and there are some I'd date .. some I've started dating before we became friends and some I probably wouldn't date with a purpose, though I'd gladly attend some function or other with them if one of us needed a "date" to comfortably attend. One of the funnest times I ever had as a night out was such an occassion .... it was sponsored by a local singles church group and the only way you could attend was with a "date" ... a lot of people there came with a friend they probably wouldn't date (with a purpose), so it ended up in the dancing time that there were exactly the number of people for everyone to be dancing, but most of the dances weren't with the person you came to the party with ... all of us had a great time ... and in fact the people who said it wasn't as fun for them ... the ones who were there with a boy/girl friend that they were seriously dating.

never say never I guess ...
Old 09-10-2005, 12:17 PM
Banned

I think all my male friends are "date-worthy" but I like them as is. I wouldn't hesitate to introduce them to my single gal pals, though.

I think of them as brothers and wouldn't want to mess up that dynamic.
Old 09-10-2005, 12:32 PM
Wishful Thinker

Send a message via ICQ to BigBear57 Send a message via MSN to BigBear57 Send a message via Yahoo to BigBear57
LOL Steph, the worse quote in the world to me is "I love you like a brother!" I can't tell you how many times I've heard it. I usually hear it when I've fallen hard... that bites too.

Love is not looking in each other's eyes, but looking together in the same direction - Antoine De Saint-Exupery
Old 09-10-2005, 02:20 PM
Banned

Awww (((((BigBear)))))))

Did you tell them when you started falling for them? It might be different if my friends and me weren't dating gypsies (the less polite might refer to us as ho-like).

Actually, come to think of it, I had a roommate who was also a brother/friend. We'd have beers and come home after the bar and get really physical but we just never had that spark. For me and for my guy friends, it just feels weird. I know people who have been friends for a long time and then hook up . . . I dunno, maybe it's because I was best friends with a lot of my cousins and I appreciate them for being good-looking boys but it wasn't a line to cross?

And, of course, it goes without saying that I would LOVE to hook you up with one of my single sistas!
Old 09-10-2005, 02:26 PM
Wishful Thinker

Yeah well, those things happen sometimes without my realising untill I hear those words. You wouldn't believe how wierd it feels after that. I'm used to it now though. I mean I've been a crying shoulder for so many that it's almost like I listen for those words now. I just figure I'm a better friend than lover... I guess that's something to be proud of. As for hooking up with a sista... I wish I was closer, that'd be too cool! ((((((((((((((Steph)))))))))))

Old 09-10-2005, 07:06 PM
My own little world

Send a message via AIM to TinTennessee Send a message via MSN to TinTennessee Send a message via Yahoo to TinTennessee
The only thing I can say is this....I have male friends that are like big brothers and I have never had a desire to date them. However, there are men I have dated that didn't work out for one reason or another and we remain friends.
Old 09-10-2005, 09:36 PM
1 of 8,111,103,258

Quote:
Originally Posted by BigBear57
..... As for hooking up with a sista... I wish I was closer, that'd be too cool! ((((((((((((((Steph)))))))))))

I'm sure that her sister is able to come to you.

Remember what Samson told Delilah.
“I prayed to god for an angel and the devil sent me you.”
Attached Images
File Type: jpg TwinSisterOfSteph.jpg (3.4 KB, 200 views)

"If God didn't want you to play with it, He would have put it between your shoulder blades,..... not at the end of your arm"

Except for speculation, we ONLY have NOW and EACHOTHER!

real world of cyber people ~ Pixies ~ real people of the cyber world
Old 09-10-2005, 09:39 PM
Wishful Thinker

Oh damn, I met that one! LOL

Old 09-10-2005, 09:42 PM
1 of 8,111,103,258

:grin:

"If God didn't want you to play with it, He would have put it between your shoulder blades,..... not at the end of your arm"

Except for speculation, we ONLY have NOW and EACHOTHER!

real world of cyber people ~ Pixies ~ real people of the cyber world
Old 09-11-2005, 08:10 AM
Banned

Ahaahahaha, shut it!
Old 09-11-2005, 08:21 AM
Not there yet.....

Quote:
Originally Posted by PantyFanatic
I'm sure that her sister is able to come to you.

Remember what Samson told Delilah.
“I prayed to god for an angel and the devil sent me you.”

Eeeeeeeeeeesh! ****Shivers!*****

Afternoon Delight

Delightful Rendezvous!

Is the love I gave her in the past, gonna be enough to last, if tomorrow never comes........
Old 09-11-2005, 10:16 AM
Everybody Stretch!

I'm telling Mr. Lixy that this thread seems to be saying I have the option to date now...even though I am married!

Whew! Been looking for a way around that clause in the wedding vows (keeping only unto him...yada, yada, yada)! LMFAO!

JK..JK folks.

Or...am I?

Anyway, um...IF I were still in single mode...I know from experience that any male friend I had would want to "date" me if I gave the go ahead ("date"=bang...ya know what I mean?). But yes...I would have a date-no date subconscious line that if crossed by him (whoever him may be) I'd have to tell him it could never be.

It's not like I would say, "Hi, my name is _______...*thinking...he's got no chance or yes, I'd do him...er, date him*". But as time went on and the friendship took the course it was destined to take, the decision would make itself known...unbeknownst to me...till "the line" was breached and he made a move...and I had to say yes or no.

Geezzzzzzzz...ya might have to read and reread that ^^^ cause it barely makes sense to me and I wrote it! But trust me...it does make sense. :dizzy: :wobble:

Hmmm.../me thinks I am babbling again!

~Thomas Dewar~