Live Chat

Go Back   Pixies Place Forums > Sex Talk > General Chat
User Name
Password

Thread Tools Search this Thread Rate Thread Display Modes
Old 11-04-2003, 08:42 PM
Just me.

Most remarkable thing I can remember ...

Had one of those things happen to us today that I'll probably remember for a very long time.

There was a meeting in Peoria of retirees from the company I worked at. In the meeting, they discussed changes in the benefits program. At the end of the meeting, my wife and I saw a couple we've been good friends with, but hadn't seen for a while. After chatting a bit, we decided to go to lunch to a very nice Italian place where we had a very good meal and pleasant visit. Then our friend's husband asked the waitress for the check.

"The gentlemen who had been at the table in the corner has already paid your bill."

We looked and saw no one. We don't know who he was or anything about him, but he had paid for our lunch which came to more than $40 for the four of us.

Wow! Is that neat, or what?

Have you ever had something special like that happen to you?
Old 11-04-2003, 09:32 PM
Lusting Horny Pixie

how incredible

wondered if you noticed me staring at you....

LOL.. just kidding..

that is great tho... to know that anonymous wonderful strangers still exist.
Old 11-05-2003, 07:50 AM

One of these days I'll tell you.
Old 11-05-2003, 08:47 AM
Bastard of Member

Send a message via Yahoo to skipthisone
Very cool DB, better than skipping out on the check
Old 11-05-2003, 08:55 AM
Banned

Very sweet! I wonder if one of you reminded him of someone in his past or you guys looked like you were having a great time. Or both! I guess we'll never know.
Old 11-05-2003, 10:03 AM
1 of 8,111,103,258

OK. Which of the wives did he “know”?

Just kidding LMAO

As a bachelor, I eat out a lot of the time (Mom & Pop restaurants mostly). Never had the mystery robinhood, but over the years, I had two occasions when somebody I hadn’t seem in a long time passed by, with “How are you? What are you doing?”, and was told my check had been “paid by that guy” when I went to check out.

That is a nice feeling isn't it DB.

"If God didn't want you to play with it, He would have put it between your shoulder blades,..... not at the end of your arm"

Except for speculation, we ONLY have NOW and EACHOTHER!

real world of cyber people ~ Pixies ~ real people of the cyber world
Old 11-05-2003, 12:05 PM
♦*♥Moderatrix♥*♦

Send a message via Yahoo to Lilith
I love that. I honestly believe that a simple gesture of kindness can make drastic changes in our world.

The practice of putting women on pedestals began to die out when it was discovered that they could give orders better from there.~ Betty Grable

If I wanted your opinion, I'd remove the duct tape and ask you for it.~ Me
<~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~>
One man's dream is another man's nightmare~~~~> §¤ Lilith ¤§

~>My Scribbles<~
==>Gone Shopping<== ~Just a Quickie~ *~A Celebration Vacation~* ~Surprises~ Sleeping With the Window Open
What Did You Do Today? Self Defense Class ~Short Sweet Snippets~ § Summer Spin § Story Challenge Submission Pajamas
Old 11-05-2003, 02:32 PM
Just me.

PF, you're right, it is a nice feeling. Kind of floated on Cloud 9 all afternoon and this morning.

Of course, now you've got me wondering.

Honey ...
Old 11-05-2003, 06:10 PM
Everybody Stretch!

Wow! There's got to be a way to find out............but then it might spoil one really cool gesture...........but I'd be going crazy trying to figure out why, who..................but then, so what, it was a wonderful thing to do...........but.......but.............

Geezzzzzz db! I've never had anything like that particular thing happen to me...........though I do remember a good samaritan in my mother's life.

I was pretty young at the time.....and mom and dad had split for the second time.....and mom was very prideful and would never ask dad for money.....so off we went to a pawn shop where she intended to sell her engagement ring (dad sent it from Germany while he was in the Army). While negotiating a price with the pawn broker, a stranger pulled on my mother's elbow and asked if he might speak with her for a moment. She was sceptical and grabbed my hand and we walked to the end of the counter. The man followed and nearly begged her to listen to him. She finally relented and they spoke in hushed tones near the door where I could see him hand her a card and she smiled and came to get me and we left the pawn shop. The man that spoke with her smiled at us as we were leaving and then stepped up to the counter to do his own business. It turns out he was a buyer of pawned/unclaimed items and he saw my mother's engagement ring and, without even knowing it's value at time of purchase, he knew the pawn broker was trying to cheat her. The card he gave her was for a jeweler friend of his and he instructed her to take the ring to him for a better value and to make sure to let the jeweler know she was sent by him. Mom received nearly four times the amount of money the pawn broker had offered.......and almost the actual current value of the ring! We never saw that man again......but I'll never forget him and what he did for my mother!

~Thomas Dewar~