Live Chat

Go Back   Pixies Place Forums > Sex Talk > Advice
User Name
Password

Thread Tools Search this Thread Rate Thread Display Modes
Old 08-04-2008, 09:41 PM
Lusting Horny Pixie

Shaving after care

Today, after some gentle persuasion, I decided to shave my pussy. I vaguely remember attempting this before and not being crazy about it. However, I decided to give it another try.

I am now in need of tips for after care. My sensitive skin is now irritated. I am planning on using baby powder and cocoa butter lotion on it tonight in hopes of soothing it a bit. Any other suggestions?

Also, please tell me there is an easier method than shaving. Shaving daily won't be fun for me!

Thanks!
Old 08-04-2008, 11:43 PM
Call me FWM :)

I find that shaving everyday causes huge irritation, as the hair hasn't had time to grow long enough by the second day so the razor hits the skin too closely. Leaving it too long can also cause irritation so I try to shave every two to three days and this keeps irritation down as well as leaving me smooth enough.

In between times, exfoliating helps prevent ingrowing hairs and likewise doing this before shaving helps lift any hairs and ensures they're picked up by the razor.

Sharp razor is essential! Start using a new blade as soon as the old one is the slightest bit dull, and moisturize regularly.

It's worth persevering with any irritation because it is worse when you first start shaving. Once you're into a routine where you're shaving regularly, this should cut down the irritation since your skin will be more used to it.

The alternative I've tried is waxing (at home) and it was not fun at all The wax stayed on my skin and clung to the hair for dear life, it was awful! There's a funny story circulating about home waxing if you want to read it: 'WAX is not your friend' Some people swear by wax - I just swear at it. Pass me a razor over wax any day of the week!

Hope this helps, and hope the irritation eases for you soon!
Old 08-05-2008, 12:25 AM
Loungin' Around

I shave just about daily (I may miss one day or so, btu no more than that) and I don't have any issues.

I use Olay soap bars - they make my skin feel good. I NEVER use body wash to shave my privates, as it does not have enough conditioners in it to soften my skin.

Occasionally I'll get razor burn (one day a month or so) and I tend to use aloe lotion - for some reason my skin loves the aloe gel best.

I think men talk to women so they can sleep with them and women sleep with men so they can talk to them. ~ Jay McInerney

Old 08-05-2008, 08:02 PM
Lusting Horny Pixie

Thanks for the tips! Thankfully the cocoa butter lotion & baby powder combo attack seemed to work well and the majority of the irritation is gone today. I have decided to wait til tomorrow to shave again, hopefully it will go well.
Old 08-06-2008, 06:31 AM
Goddess Of the night

Send a message via Yahoo to Rhiannon
I use a conditioning razor soap called coochy. It is in most adult stores and it works on the private hair and regular hair but haven't tried it there as conditioner. It leaves the skin silky smooth and they also have a spray as a aftercare lotion spray that is nice
I love to dance with a stranger and to feel his delight,
And when the dancing is through, I kick off my shoes,
And I listen to the beating of his heart
Old 08-06-2008, 12:06 PM
Manwhore

Clever? Nah, I ran out of that years ago. But if you find this, let me know, k?
"The road goes ever on..." ~ Tolkien

In memory of my friend skip...
Go then, there are other worlds than these
Old 08-06-2008, 07:43 PM
Insatiable

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aqua

Amen, bro!!!

My solution:
Old 08-07-2008, 11:37 AM
Not there yet.....

Quote:
Originally Posted by jennaflower
Thankfully the cocoa butter lotion .........

I can help rub it in jenna............ I'm always here to help!

Afternoon Delight

Delightful Rendezvous!

Is the love I gave her in the past, gonna be enough to last, if tomorrow never comes........
Old 08-07-2008, 06:27 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rhiannon
I use a conditioning razor soap called coochy. It is in most adult stores and it works on the private hair and regular hair but haven't tried it there as conditioner. It leaves the skin silky smooth and they also have a spray as a aftercare lotion spray that is nice

Thanks for the tip about coochy, I Googled it and found some and I might give it a go I shaved today and mixed my usual soap with thick moisturizer and it made a huge difference so even if I don't buy the coochy, I think I'll add moisturizer to the soap in future
Old 08-08-2008, 10:20 PM
Yankee in Dixie

I'm nowhere near an expert when it comes that vital area, but I know quite a few women that use mens shaving gel instead of the womens. They also tend to use the men's razor. Don't know how well it works (Don't know what Bama uses and don't really care, I just like the result ). Might be an option.
"BOY: On a hot summer night, would you offer your throat to the wolf with the red roses? GIRL: Will he offer me his mouth? BOY: Yes. GIRL: Will he offer me his teeth? BOY: Yes. GIRL: Will he offer me his jaws? BOY: Yes. GIRL: Will he offer me his hunger? BOY: Yes. GIRL: Again, will he offer me his hunger? BOY: Yes! GIRL: Yes. BOY: On a hot summer night, would you offer your throat to the wolf with the red roses? GIRL: Yes. BOY: I bet you say that to all the boys!" -Meatloaf
Old 08-09-2008, 01:56 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lord Snow
I'm nowhere near an expert when it comes that vital area, but I know quite a few women that use mens shaving gel instead of the womens. They also tend to use the men's razor.

I've not tried 'male' shaving gel but I do use a 'male' razor - Gillette Mach3 Years ago I remember trying a 'female' razor, but for some reason it just wasn't as good. I wonder if it's to do with the coarseness of the hairs, or it might have been the weird handle making it difficult to maneuver ... or it might just be some big marketing ploy to get females to part with more cash, since the 'female' ones generally seem to be more expensive than the 'male' ones.

The Gillette Mach3 is really effective, and has the added bonus that my ex uses the same type of razor, so whilst we're still living under the same roof, which unfortunately we are at the moment, I can keep sneaking new blades from him
Old 08-14-2008, 12:37 PM
Starry-eyed Pixie

Send a message via Yahoo to BamaKyttn
me? heheheh I put some conditioner on the area to shave and then leave it on there while I wash my hair. rinse my hair and my cooch then use caress soap to lather it up, I use a chick razor with only 2 blades but I love it cuz the handle is as broad as the blade and so I can close my eyes or carry on a conversation and maintain eye contact with the person without worrying about giving myself a Labioplasty......which BTW my ex g/f once suggested I get so that I would have a prettier pussy...... I thought about it but realized I'm missing enough feeling down there as it is
Old 08-14-2008, 02:32 PM
Yankee in Dixie

Funny enough, I have the mach3 blue. Only difference is mine is blue and black instead of silver and black.
"BOY: On a hot summer night, would you offer your throat to the wolf with the red roses? GIRL: Will he offer me his mouth? BOY: Yes. GIRL: Will he offer me his teeth? BOY: Yes. GIRL: Will he offer me his jaws? BOY: Yes. GIRL: Will he offer me his hunger? BOY: Yes. GIRL: Again, will he offer me his hunger? BOY: Yes! GIRL: Yes. BOY: On a hot summer night, would you offer your throat to the wolf with the red roses? GIRL: Yes. BOY: I bet you say that to all the boys!" -Meatloaf