Thread: Fatigue?
View Single Post
Old 01-04-2005, 01:15 PM
Loungin' Around

Fatigue?

Looking for a bit of advice here...

I consider myself a rather energetic person ~ typically work 10-12 hour days, spend a fair bit of time at the gym, run a tight ship at home. Recently I haven't wanted to do any of these things....it's been a struggle for me to get out of bed every morning.

I *do* force myself to do some things, but I've been taking naps 2 times a day, as well as sleeping 8-10 hours at night. And working out at the gym has been an exercise in futility ~ if I get a 45 min workout in I am exhausted (and I typically go for 90 min). The house hasn't been cleaned for 3 weeks, and I can't bring myself to care.....and this from a woman who normally vacuums twice a week.

I have Rheumatoid Arthritis, and these spell aren't unknown to me (I have them about 2-3 times per year). My doctor tells me that spells of fatigue and depression are normal for those in my condition, and typically perscribes a steroid to alleviate some of the pain....which usually removes the fatigue.

Now ~ here's the rub. The steroids cause me to gain weight and are really hard on my body, and I don't want to take them this time. I am *sick* of being dependent on drugs which are bad for my health ~ and I am trying to take myself off of them.

So.... Any suggestions for natural ways to cure fatigue? Herbs, exercise, foods, other cures? I'd love to have some new ideas.

Thanks in advance for your help.

I think men talk to women so they can sleep with them and women sleep with men so they can talk to them. ~ Jay McInerney