View Single Post
Old 11-29-2001, 10:47 AM
Here find old friends!

Send a message via AIM to darrenfate Send a message via Yahoo to darrenfate
Irish, short answer, hell yes I'd kick anybody's ass that messed with my kid. That streak in me is just below the surface. Here is a longer answer.

As the father of a young daughter, I have had to think about this a lot. She is very attractive, and drives these young guys crazy. I have adopted a nasty kind of attitude about protecting her.

First I do some preventative things. I insist that I get introduced to everyone she sees. I wear my cowboy boots before the meeting giving my 6'3" frame an extra two inches. Then I grasp his hand firmly looking hin square in the eye, and say something on the theme of "watching over my little girl". It has worked so far. They know I'm serious, and if someone does step out of line as I'm sure they will, I'll be in that kid's face faster than they will believe. I'd have to make sure the whole school knew I was for real. Of course the good news is my daughter could probably smack around anyone that got out of line all be herself. And yes, I'm proud of that!

Darren
" Each day through my window, I watch her as she passes by, I say to myself, you're such a lucky guy. To have a girl like her, is truly a dream come true. Out of all the fellas in the world, she belongs to me. ..
...This couldn't be a dream, for too real it all seems...

But it was just my imagination, runnin away with me, it was just my imagination, runnin away with me. "

Smokey Robinson