View Single Post
Old 01-31-2003, 09:46 PM

Location: Definitely being a Quicker-Better-Stronger Pick-Her-Upper
THE Lull before The STORM

Thumph! The sound of a large thud signaled that the lamp was finally in place. Whew! The wiring took a while to do, because the entire thing was so old. And I did that after watching ESPN for replays. Dallas won of course. God darn it! Today had NOT been a good day. Hopefully, you can tell by now that I hate the Cowboys with an absolute passion. Never mind the fact that they had won two Superbowls, back to back.

Connie had to put up with my grumpiness, which extended well into dinnertime which was at her mom’s. The dreaded Witch of the West. You know, the kind that cooks you slowly and baste you with foul smelling herbs so that she can have you for dinner. I watched the game with her dad, both of us, holding a can of beer, and being as quiet as mice. Connie was not reproachful verbally, but after being with her for so long, it seemed that a slight twitch of her eyebrows, or a slight difference in stance, spoke volumes. The meatballs were fantastic as usual, which was a small price to pay for being at her mom’s. And so Connie did not punish me during dinner. More than likely, she was saving up, just like you save up coupons for one jumbo sale. I realized that when the first meatball went down my throat.

I knew I had to wipe this grumpiness off and do something before she herself got tired of me being grumpy. Yeah, I know. I was acting like a kid. But Dallas winning really got on my nerves. I had prayed to all the Gods that I knew of. I wondered if I should have made a human sacrifice. A good candidate would be my nosy neighbor, Mr. Thompson.

So I had no ideas on how to make Connie happy. My day of rest had been anything but restful. And I was absently toying with the two cocoa beans in my pocket. Then I had a brilliant idea. Well, brilliant to me anyway, even if other people may not think so. I do not get many ideas, so most of which I do get was brilliant in one way or another.

I went and got on my computer. The net was a fabulous piece of work. Any kind of information was in there. I downloaded all the information I needed for my plan. I was tempted to go into my locked folder and go into some of my ‘special’ websites. But I really did not need that right now. With a heavy sigh, I shut down the computer and went back to my bedroom.

I quietly closed the bedroom door and made my preparations. We had a large bathtub, the one where two persons could get ‘playful’ in. I filled that up with warm water and scented it with bath oils. I knew that Connie had yet to take her bath. Then I lighted some lavender scented candles around it. See, I do read Playboy for the articles. It said that the smell of Lavender is relaxing to the mind and body. I had to get Connie and myself to relax, and the scent of lavender was one way. After all the candles had been lit, I did not doubt the effectiveness, as I felt a little less grumpy.

So the final setting had been arranged. Now for the ‘bait’ to get her into the bathroom. She would not normally indulge me just because I wanted it. A phrase from a friend reminded me of this: ‘Women have sex when they want to; Men, when women let them.’ But I still love her in spite of that. The little games that we sometimes play were as exciting to me as they were to her.

She was in the laundry room when I made my way towards the kitchen. She heard me in there rummaging through the cabinets, but I just mumbled. She ignored me after a while, knowing that I would not break anything expensive or essential.

I finally found a substitute to what I was looking for. I did not realize we had this substitute in this form. I think after this, I need to be in the kitchen more, to find out what else we have that I do not know we have. I was about to go to the store to get some. From afar, they looked a lot alike like what I was originally looking for. The color was about the same, but the shape and size were different. While destroying Connie’s meticulous arrangement of things in the cabinets, a part of my plan went into action. I was not totally incompetent in the kitchen. I could boil water quite well.

Soon, I had the concoction in a mug and was juggling the mug and cups in one hand. With the other, I use what I had found to lay a trail for her to follow up the stairs and into the bedroom. I was quite proud when I did not spill a single drop. Connie would have killed me for staining the carpet.

Okay. Everything was set now. Even my costume was ready. I had to suppress my laughter when I saw myself in the mirror. I looked absolutely ridiculous, but that was part of the plan. Connie was going to get a good laugh out of this. And I was glad that all the curtains were closed tightly. I did not want Mr. Thompson calling the police or the psychiatric hospital.