View Single Post
Old 04-27-2006, 04:38 AM
Everybody Stretch!

LOL@ (((scotz)))

TY (((dm))) & (((Teddy)))

We went to Mr. Lix's first doc office visit since his release from the hospital. He's leveled off at 206lbs. (199lbs. according to my home scale...which makes me 7lbs. heavier than I thought ...but I digress). Back in February he had a physical for his driver's license and he weighed 249lbs.

This Crohn's is one hell of a diet, eh?

Anyway...he was checked out all over and the fistula is healing but there is still a little infection at the exit site. Mr. Lix told doc he was feeling weak, his muscle tone was gone and he had no ambition to do anything. Doc said Prednisone can have this effect and he wanted to start lowering the dose. Took him down from 40mg a day to 30mg a day. Mr. Lix told him about the pain from the Flagyl and doc took him off it and replaced it with Cipro. Instead of 3 antibiotics a day he'll take 1 a day. Doc told him to get his white blood cell count checked so we can see if the minimum dose of MP6 is the correct dose to keep the cells at a level closest to that of a person without Crohn's. He talked about other things we can try as we sort through what is right for Mr. Lix.

Lo and behold...The doc visit was this Tuesday and just yesterday Mr. Lix was feeling better already! He had a bit more energy and ambition and didn't have any of the cramping he had with the Flagyl. He went to Lowes and got a kit to set up the water dispenser in our new refrigerator...and put that in! He sharpened the blades for the mower and put the deck back on the tractor and mowed the lawn back to the barn (3/4 acre)! He went grocery shopping for me and he even took out three big bags of trash for pick-up! After all of that, he cooked me the best dinner we've had in ages on the grill!

DEATH TO PREDNISONE AND FLAGYL!

I'm gonna start my diet now...to take off those 7lbs. I gained when Mr. Lixy stepped on that scale at the doctor's office!!!!!!!

~Thomas Dewar~