Thread: Genital Warts
View Single Post
Old 09-03-2005, 09:32 AM
♦*♥Moderatrix♥*♦

Send a message via Yahoo to Lilith
Well, I have been in a monogamous relationship for 18 years. I have no personal knowledge of STD's and mind you genital warts is not an infection that can simply be treated, it's an STD. Women who have genital warts are at a much higher risk of cancer. I know young women who can not have children due to having contracted this STD.

I feel the casual, "we don't want to always use a condom" is careless bullshit. It is that very attitude that has caused STDs to spread like wildfire. Soooooooooo many college students have STD's like herpes and warts. There have long lasting and potentially harmful effects. Youth and passion seem to blind people about not only the risks they are taking but the risks they then pose to others.

If I had an STD I would never permit someone to have sex with me without protection. It's that simple. She has been your girlfriend for a few good months. Did you have a girlfriend before her? Might you have one or even a wife, after her? You don't mind risking their health too?

If you want someone to validate that loving people is beautiful, STD or no STD, I can do that for you. Having an STD means you made some poor unaware choices but it does not mean you are a bad person. Continuing to particiapate in unsafe, risky behavior once informed, makes you dumb or selfish. If what you want is people to tell you it's ok to have unsafe sex then I can't help you.

While I have no experience I can say if you choose to have unprotected sex you are choosing to be a host of whatever STD's you are exposed to. If you have unprotected sex with someone else afterwards, knowing you may be a carrier, you are not only responsible for the disease you carry but the spreading of it as well.

I know I sound hard hearted about this but I am really tired of the irresponsibility. I have kids who are going to be dating soon and I guess your post hit a nerve.

As everyone here said, you need to see a doctor and hear the information first hand then you can make responsible decisions about how safe your sex needs to be and if you need to protect future sex partners.

The practice of putting women on pedestals began to die out when it was discovered that they could give orders better from there.~ Betty Grable

If I wanted your opinion, I'd remove the duct tape and ask you for it.~ Me
<~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~>
One man's dream is another man's nightmare~~~~> §¤ Lilith ¤§

~>My Scribbles<~
==>Gone Shopping<== ~Just a Quickie~ *~A Celebration Vacation~* ~Surprises~ Sleeping With the Window Open
What Did You Do Today? Self Defense Class ~Short Sweet Snippets~ § Summer Spin § Story Challenge Submission Pajamas