Pixies Place Forums

Pixies Place Forums (http://www.pixies-place.com/forums/index.php)
-   General Chat (http://www.pixies-place.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=3)
-   -   Spring Time In The Rockies! (http://www.pixies-place.com/forums/showthread.php?t=24485)

imalikalotapuss 03-24-2005 08:21 PM

Spring Time In The Rockies!

Yes..It is officially spring time!!! We had a pretty intense thunder-snow storm here this afternoon..It even struck a tree and toppled it..I love it!! Lightning is pretty neat to see when it is snowing, especially after dark. They say a chance of heavy snow this weekend..Only in CO. Make a good snuggle weekend!!! :lust:

Cheyanne 03-24-2005 08:30 PM

Ahhhhhhhh yes! I love spring time storms (except the ones that spawn tornados).

We could be getting thunder snow too...it is kinda strange to see lightening and snow and hear thunder.. lol

Spring rains wash away the ravages of winter. It is almost like Mother Nature is scrubbing the earth clean... it smells so fresh and starts to green up... :D

TinTennessee 03-24-2005 08:31 PM

I'm glad you are enjoying the snow, we have had very little here this year. However, some of our BIG snows have happened in April!!! I'm keeping my fingers crossed that snow passes us by from now on....the daffodils are blooming and the weeping willows are full of buds!!!!! I LOVE SPRING :x:

imalikalotapuss 03-24-2005 09:54 PM

It is snowing giant snow flakes now..

Fortunately we dont get many tornados here, only seen a funnel cloud once.
This is usually our snowiest month..have seen snow in every month here except july!!

cowgirltease 03-24-2005 09:56 PM

Keep the snow UP THERE darn it! I just planted my garden and my peach trees have already bloomed! LOL :)

imalikalotapuss 03-24-2005 10:03 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by cowgirltease
Keep the snow UP THERE darn it! I just planted my garden and my peach trees have already bloomed! LOL :)

Your hot enought to melt the snow.. :hot:

LixyChick 03-25-2005 06:09 AM

We had what I am hoping was our "onion snow" just this past Wednesday.

For those who don't know what that is...

The folks round my neck-o-the woods get antsy to plant their root vegetables after the last frost. I never pretend to out guess Mother Nature. She's been known to bite my ass on too many occasions. But the locals say that is if snows near Easter, and the ground can be tilled...it's time to plant the "onyons"...and all the other "rut" vegetables.

I hear there's been a bit of tilling and planting lately! Spring has sprung!

PantyFanatic 03-25-2005 11:19 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by LixyChick
..... But the locals say that is if snows near Easter, and the ground can be tilled...it's time to plant the "onyons"...and all the other "rut" vegetables.....

I hope that doesn't only apply in the years that easter falls in the third or forth week of April. :(

cowgirltease 03-25-2005 11:26 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by imalikalotapuss
Your hot enought to melt the snow.. :hot:

Yeah so hot I can't sleep at nite! (damn night sweats)
Anyways, my uncle just emailed me and he said he seen a funnel cloud in Tulare California yesterday. Thats something he's NEVER seen there before.
Hmmmmmmmmmm Are we having some weird weather this spring or just and early spring? What do y'all think?

Lixy.....love the accent. :D

Scarecrow 03-25-2005 11:41 AM

Just heard that there are Tornado Warnings near Jacksonville, Fl. Hang on to your hats

Lilith 03-25-2005 11:47 AM

Yep...it's an ugly day in N. FL

Scarecrow 03-25-2005 11:52 AM

It's dark and dank here today with the possiblity of Thunder-snow storms, uck. Temps are 40- 45f.