Pixies Place Forums

Pixies Place Forums (http://www.pixies-place.com/forums/index.php)
-   General Chat (http://www.pixies-place.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=3)
-   -   Naked Without... (http://www.pixies-place.com/forums/showthread.php?t=16567)

Lilith 10-03-2003 06:28 AM

Naked Without...

Is there jewelry ( medallion. ring, etc) or a hat or some accessory that you wear everyday?

I know I feel lost without my earrings. But I wear 2 wedding sets, my thumb ring, this funky silver necklace, my tiger's eye anklet, and of course my nose stud everyday.

Do you wear them/it out of habit? Or for any reason? Mine all have sentimental value.

hellsbells 10-03-2003 06:41 AM

I wear a wedding ring that was from an aunt, a victorian diamond ring another aunt gave me, a gold band with saphire ring to match and a short gold chain, which is only removed about twice a year. Thats about it really, oh, I forgot my watch, but I remove that daily, so not sure it that counts.

The watch is out of habit, the gold band and saphire ring because I love the look of them. and the others all have sentimal connections

Cobalt 10-03-2003 08:13 AM

My wedding band never comes off, my watch, I feel half dressed if I don't have it on.

IAKaraokeGirl 10-03-2003 08:21 AM

I cannot sleep in my jewelry, but, if I forget to put them on in the morning, I feel lost without my rings, since apparently I "twirl" them as a nervous habit. Also part of the standard ensemble are my hoop earrings and cross necklace, and, in the summer, my ankle braclet.

WildIrish 10-03-2003 08:37 AM

My wedding ring never comes off. (Well, my replacement one that is...my original was lost at sea.)

My watch should be screwed right to my wrist. I hate not knowing what time it is. Probably cause I'm always cutting it too close.

My St. Patrick's necklace.

nikki1979 10-03-2003 08:41 AM

my jade and hematite necklace and my wedding bands, feel so lost w out them

skipthisone 10-03-2003 08:54 AM

Except to sleep, I always wear a watch.

FussyPucker 10-03-2003 09:43 AM

The ring that Lou bought me for my birthday :)
I've got 3 chains and I've started a rotation system for wearing them :D

Cheyanne 10-03-2003 10:56 AM

My wedding ring and my mother's ring the kids and Cobalt got me for Mother's Day one year......

I hate wearing watches, so I am really glad that Cobalt has his on allllllllllll the time!

Steph 10-03-2003 11:14 AM

I feel anti-naked with jewellry on. I only wear my watch because our workday is so precise I need to time my cigarette breaks.

I wore a necklace the other day and felt like I was being choked.

Lilith 10-03-2003 12:08 PM

Quote:
Originally posted by IAKaraokeGirl
I feel lost without my rings, since apparently I "twirl" them as a nervous habit.

I wear my thumb ring because the center twirls. It is seperate from the edges, it's made to spin around just for nervous people like me:p

exhib_it_all 10-03-2003 12:28 PM

Watch and wedding band. Only take watch off to shower and sleep. While this isn't jewelry, I also have my cell phone everywhere I go unless I'm on vacation (which I haven't done in over 5 years now).

Lilith 10-03-2003 12:38 PM

LOL I am never cell-less either

Scarlett 10-03-2003 01:27 PM

I take my jewelry off when I come home, but if I am out I have to have on my wedding set, my mother's ring, watch on one wrist and redemption bracelets on the other.
I also wear a necklace that I had made after my brother was killed. It's called a Memorial Tear. It is shaped like a teardrop to symbolize my sadness over his death, it has a rose on the front to symbolize my undying love for him and I had his initial engraved on the back.

darogle 10-03-2003 02:58 PM

Can't stand wearing jewelry, myself. I am often wearing watch and dog tags though.