Pixies Place Forums

Pixies Place Forums (http://www.pixies-place.com/forums/index.php)
-   General Chat (http://www.pixies-place.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=3)
-   -   How come? (http://www.pixies-place.com/forums/showthread.php?t=28897)

Lilith 09-01-2006 04:48 AM

How come?

Why is it that when a single person or even company is in trouble for hiring illegal immigrants it is splashed all over CNN and when my state government does it you hear nada? 55 employees have been deported so far and it made like the 4th page of the locals section of the paper. Mr. Lil knew something was up when he received a memo stating that all employees should put their trash in the hall in the evening.

Bonehead, privatization, my tax money at work.

jseal 09-01-2006 05:04 AM

Lilith,

Were those 55 employees State Government employees?

WildIrish 09-01-2006 08:08 AM

Send them up here...I'll build a Habitat house for them. :rolleyes2

osuche 09-01-2006 10:35 AM

"Taking jobs from American workers?" Geesh. :rolleyes:

Lilith 09-01-2006 04:51 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by jseal
Lilith,

Were those 55 employees State Government employees?

They were paid with tax payer money but hired by the firm the State has a contract with. When Jeb took office he fired many regular state employees dissolving their departments and gave lucrative contracts to private firms to fill their positions. As I said privatization, in all it's glory.

jseal 09-01-2006 04:55 PM

Lilith,

Just guessing, but perhaps that’s why there wasn’t a big fuss about the State of Florida hiring illegal immigrants; they were working for a private company.

Lilith 09-01-2006 04:57 PM

A private company that was being paid with state monies.

jseal 09-01-2006 05:04 PM

Lilith,

...and I'll bet there are a lot of them! Florida is a BIG state - at least in comparison to Maryland.

scotzoidman 09-01-2006 10:39 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lilith
They were paid with tax payer money but hired by the firm the State has a contract with. When Jeb took office he fired many regular state employees dissolving their departments and gave lucrative contracts to private firms to fill their positions. As I said privatization, in all it's glory.

Wonder how many of the firms were run Jeb's golf buddies? :sad:

Lilith 09-01-2006 11:52 PM

My understanding is quite a few. I sat in on a jury regarding a whistle blower firing and got to see how flawed the State's contract policy (or non-policy) has become. Crazy how corrupt things really are.

jseal 09-02-2006 06:08 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lilith
...Crazy how corrupt things really are.

Lilith,

Maryland went through a "de-sludging" back in the '80's. It took a several trials and elections to purge the politicos from the system.

Good luck!

PantyFanatic 09-02-2006 08:05 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by PantyFanatic
....We have gotten to see the Ying of this horrific event in the structure of the United States governmental bureaucracy. This is NOT a new or unique condition that is indicative of any country, political party, administration or to democracy itself. Patronage is just part of rewarding the political faithful and has long been a big chunk of any political system. While I have some major issues with current Federal actions, this is a state of affairs that is imbedded at all levels of State and local government as well. The reality is that it will always be part-and-parcel of government, by nature and function........Do you think there is room for meaningful change to any aspect of your government, regardless of where you are? ......

Is our only option to plan for the total anarchy history has shown us ALWAYS comes? Is there ANY hope or is it only a matter of figuring 'when', considering the acceleration of events with the technological changes? What once took decades to come about, now happens in a couple years or even months.

Many notes were made this past week about a BIG event that has caused change to NOTHING. Is there ANY hope of turning the ship from the bridge or is it too hopelessly into the whirlpool? Do we just try to figure where we want to be when the revolution comes? :confused:

Lilith 09-02-2006 08:11 AM

I plan to be front and center for the revolution. I vote Tuesday to start the process of enacting change.

Oldfart 09-02-2006 08:14 AM

It's just another example of how the State can cow the Press, I guess.