Pixies Place Forums

Pixies Place Forums (http://www.pixies-place.com/forums/index.php)
-   General Chat (http://www.pixies-place.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=3)
-   -   How bad is it in your area? (http://www.pixies-place.com/forums/showthread.php?t=37649)

gekkogecko 04-29-2020 05:54 AM

Well, Maryland isn't among the idiot states that are rushing to lift stay-at-home orders. The original proclamation was for the "duration fo the emergency."

And aour upcoming primary, which was postponed to 2 June, is being conducted largely by absentee ballot-sanity in the midst of insanity.

dicksbro 05-05-2020 12:01 AM

SE VE MUY HÚMEDO AQUÍ
(It looks very wet here)

gekkogecko 05-05-2020 05:56 AM

Heavy, humid air tends to limit the distance viruses can travel from a sneeze...

dicksbro 05-06-2020 02:32 AM

Sounds reasonable and good ^^^^. :thumbs:

I have been a bit encouraged because most folks in our town (at least) are wearing masks and keeping about 6" apart. Makes those that don't seem to care stand out in a crowd and most people give them a wide birth. Also encouraging.

gekkogecko 05-17-2020 10:17 AM

Well, our esteemed governor has lifted the state-wide stay at home order: HOWEVER,

there re other social restrictions that were enacted at the same time that were *not* rescinded. Such as no public gatherings of 10+ people; masks required, and hopefully, social distancing of people in the "essential" businesses that were allowed to stay open.

And local jurisdictions (counties, cities) are allowed to maintain the stay at home order for their residents. Several counties, including mine, have chosen to do so.

And finally, the governor has stated that if COVID-19 comes roaring back (as it is likely to do, with idiots not following the guidelines that they should be following), the stay-at-home order might be reinstated.

dicksbro 05-24-2020 12:35 AM

We had to go to the grocery store earlier this week (wearing masks and keeping our distances) but it was refreshing when a guy started to go in but was told he could because he had no face mask Good for that store. :thumbs:

gekkogecko 05-24-2020 09:41 AM

This. Tis is so wonderful:
https://www.boston.com/news/coronav...nts-coronavirus

I do wish they were also using face masks while not actually eating. But perhaps they are, and the photograph doesn't show that.

Teddy Bear 05-25-2020 08:03 PM

db,,,,, maybe look into getting a crock-pot? They're not very expensive. And you can make quite a few different meals. Also they don't put a lot of heat into the room. An with summer just around the corner that's helpful.

good luck

dicksbro 05-26-2020 11:38 PM

Got one, that's tb. They are great. :thumbs:

gekkogecko 05-27-2020 05:48 AM

They are so very handy, and if you haved one, simmer is just around the corner.

Lilith 07-03-2020 10:36 PM

Florida :/

ShadowDancer 07-04-2020 12:52 AM

TN...Knoxville has recently made masks mandatory in public areas; as has Nashville. Chattanooga is kicking the idea around. The Gov of TN wants to make it statewide. My lil rural town isn't doing much of anything.

gekkogecko 07-04-2020 09:36 AM

Maryland is one of the few state that have been showing a decrease in new cases, but that's a trend. We've had some days in the past few weeks, where the number goes up, as well.

...I will insist, that it is because when the Governor said we could reopen, the order also stated that localities could maintain any of the various aspects of quarantine they deemed necessary. And Prince George's & Montgomery counties, where the number of cases in Maryland was highest, did so. (PG & Mont together account for just under half of all cases in MD.) Now, if we can only get on-demand testing.

dicksbro 07-09-2020 03:21 AM

Still on the very low side in our county and I think only one case has hit our town. Still doing remarkably well. People are pretty well complying with social distancing and wearing facemasks. Some stores are turning away anyone without a facemask. Still see a few holdouts, but not many.

jay-t 07-09-2020 08:17 AM

Thanks to Trump rally and BLM protests Okla has shot up big time