Pixies Place Forums

Pixies Place Forums (http://www.pixies-place.com/forums/index.php)
-   General Chat (http://www.pixies-place.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=3)
-   -   đ...What Pissed You Off Today...đ (http://www.pixies-place.com/forums/showthread.php?t=28188)

sodaklostsoul 09-03-2013 07:07 PM

I bought 3 pictures of various sizes at a Goodwill type place. I basically wanted the frames. First one no problem got my painting in it. But as I loosened the 2nd frame the glass cracked in three. I was too pissed off to even try the third one. At least my most important pic got put in protection.

BIBI 09-05-2013 11:43 PM

I lost my jacket...brand new jacket....that I liked.........alot!!!!

Damn it! :tear:

Cyberdude26 09-06-2013 12:55 AM

Lost my pair of Oakleys ... seems like Murphy's law is at work. The cheap ass ones stayed with me for multiple years but the expensive ones are the ones to get lost.

WildIrish 09-06-2013 12:16 PM

My "new to me" riding mower will probably not be delivered for a week. Aaaargh! I was really hoping to knock down the hayfield that is my lawn.

And zip around in my spiffy tractor mower. :p

Lord Snow 09-06-2013 12:43 PM

I had almost 1k in the bank. Now I have around 550. Asthma meds are expensive.

Oldfart 09-06-2013 07:13 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by BIBI
I lost my jacket...brand new jacket....that I liked.........alot!!!!

Damn it! :tear:

I just checked behind the sofa. No sign of it there. :(

WildIrish 09-06-2013 07:32 PM

I just checked behind mine too. If your jacket looks like an extension cord and one of those little dancing solar flowers...I found it!

BIBI 09-06-2013 11:02 PM

Damn it guys....keep looking! :D

Oldfart 09-07-2013 08:41 AM

Australia's equivalent of USA's Republicans just got the next 3 years in power.

gekkogecko 09-07-2013 09:34 AM

Copied from my blog entry last night:
Going around my f-list on Google Plus today was a colorized picture of the USS West Virginia, sunk in shallow water, burning, in the wake of the Japanese attack on Pearl Harbor. The caption from the post reads, “Pearl Harbour (sic). Not actually an act of war. Just a limited air strike with no boots on the ground”.

This comparison to a potential US strike/intervention in Syria is nothing short of absolute bullshit. It is an argument from deliberate, willful ignorance.

Further, since the ignorance is so entirely willful, the message outright offends.

If it’s your political opinion that the US should not launch a strike into/against Syria, OK, I’m good with that. My personal opinion is still undecided on that particular issue anyway.

But get a better argument. There is no legitimate comparison to the two.

‘Cause the use of the image, and the false comparison that results from this argument from willful ignorance is offensive enough to cause me to cordially invite the creator of that image, and the people who promulgated it to shove their collective shit back up their asses where it belongs.

jseal 09-07-2013 09:42 AM

gekkogecko,

Don’t hold it in – tell us how you really feel.

jseal 09-07-2013 09:56 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Oldfart
Australia's equivalent of USA's Republicans just got the next 3 years in power.

… and never forget your good fortune in having the opportunity to endure the results of your democracy.

Oldfart 09-07-2013 08:13 PM

What shits me is that there was a 5.4% informal vote nationally (votes which are unable to be counted because people have not filled them in right. We don't have those bizarre mechanical punch machines used in the USA.) These people have thrown away their votes, but will be the first to complain when the Government does something they don't like.

Oldfart 09-07-2013 08:23 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by BIBI
Damn it guys....keep looking! :D

You sit there like Madam Muck and don't come over and help look!!!

So many SOFAs, so little time.

jseal 09-07-2013 08:26 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Oldfart
… These people have thrown away their votes, but will be the first to complain when the Government does something they don't like.

Now THAT is a feature of democracy we know quite well!