PDA

View Full Version : Elton John

musicman
09-06-2005, 11:09 PM
Just got home from seeing him for the 5th or 6th time - still blows me away...

guy played for just under 3 hours, sang 27 songs and had as much energy at the end as he did at the beginning....

seats were UNFUCKINGREAL....I have rarely had seats that amazing....

set list available upon request.... LOL :D

anyone else have a concert experience that rocked their world?

osuche
09-06-2005, 11:12 PM
Glad you had a good time ((((musicman))))

OzKristin
09-07-2005, 01:17 AM
rock on dude seein him the 23rd of this month for the......4th time I believe? if not it's close to that, but for a 20 year old I'm definitely much different than most lol

OzKristin
09-07-2005, 01:18 AM
oh i'm seeing him at the garden (for those of u not from jersey/ny its madison square garden lol) um last time i was there elton's management folks pulled me up to the front row and elton gave me a high five....yep :-)

OzKristin
09-07-2005, 01:19 AM
and yay MM for having such a blast!!I know I will too!

Lilith
09-07-2005, 04:58 AM
I've seen hime twice and enjoyed both shows. My faves have been John Mellancamp, Aerosmith and James Taylor. I enjoyed the Eagles too.

lonelyarmywife
09-07-2005, 05:13 AM
I ahve 12th row seats for motley crue in two weeks, pretty stoked about that shit... :jump:

lazaruslong
09-07-2005, 05:15 AM
OK, lets see....

Ive seen Elton myself, He definately rocks..

In addition..
David Cassidy
CSN
Pink Floyd (twice)
Jethro Tull (3 times. Once I set beside Carrot Top)
Yes
Trapeze
Alice Cooper
Suzi Quatro
Rare Earth
Cher
Seals and Croft
BTO
Jimi Hendrix
Blood Rock
Who
Bad Company
Queen
Kiss
Heart (partied with them after the show)
John Denver
Barbara Mandrell
Oakridge Boys
Exile
Alvin Crow (went to High School with him)

Laz
(oh yeah, went to Woodstock '69)

OzKristin
09-07-2005, 10:39 AM
Ive seen lots and lots of shows but of course most recently I saw Green Day, next week seeing the Stones in Jersey, then the 23rd of course Elton, October 10 the stones AGAIN yep round #4 lol and Oct 17 U2 for my second time :jump:

TinTennessee
09-07-2005, 03:11 PM
Elton John is going to be in Nashville, which is about 6 hours from here, the end of this month and I would almost sell my kids for tickets, gas and hotel money! Ok, not really, but I would love to see him in concert.

jennaflower
09-07-2005, 06:03 PM
I am SOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO Jealous... he is one that I want to see desperately.. but sadly I can't afford the going ticket price.

lakritze
09-08-2005, 12:22 PM
I once heard an Elton John concert from the balcony of a friend's apartment on Highland around the corner from the Hollywood Bowl.One of the loveliest things I've ever heard was his lyrics to Your Song.

TinTennessee
09-08-2005, 03:57 PM
I once heard an Elton John concert from the balcony of a friend's apartment on Highland around the corner from the Hollywood Bowl.One of the loveliest things I've ever heard was his lyrics to Your Song.

Your Song was the first thing I ever heard Elton John sing many, many years ago and immediately fell in love with that song.....in a fairytale world I would want that sung should I ever remarry.

LixyChick
09-08-2005, 05:46 PM
I'm green with envy here musicman! Doubt I could get Mr. Lixy to an E.J. show.

My fave thus far is by far...AEROSMITH@Hershey Stadium, Hershey, Pa. Mr. Lixy was so impressed...and that's saying something since he's seen Pink Floyd and thought that was gonna be his bestest concert of all time!

musicman
09-09-2005, 09:48 PM
I'm green with envy here musicman! Doubt I could get Mr. Lixy to an E.J. show.

My fave thus far is by far...AEROSMITH@Hershey Stadium, Hershey, Pa. Mr. Lixy was so impressed...and that's saying something since he's seen Pink Floyd and thought that was gonna be his bestest concert of all time!

saw aerosmith on the PUMP tour in 1990 - they headlined a show including Black Crowes, Warrant & Metallica....cool evening of music to say the least....

after opening with 8 tracks of the Peachtree Road disc, Elton smashed into the hits...show mr Lixy this list and see if you still can't get him there....

PInball Wizard
Bennie & The Jets
Daniel
Take Me To The Pilot
Rocket man
I guess that's why they call it the blues
tiny dancer
sorry seems to be the hardest word (elton solo - moving tribute to Ray Charles)
funeral for a friend/love lies bleeding
are you ready for love
philadelphia freedom
sad songs say so much
levon
don't let the sun go down on me
I'm still standing
bitch is back
saturday night
crocodile rock
your song

MM

Loulabelle
09-09-2005, 10:00 PM
Haven't seen that many live gigs - or at least not as many as I'd like, but I saw Norah Jones last year which was great and I saw Sting a few years ago too and he was amazing. Plus Tom Jones in Cardiff on my Birthday which was really special too.

My sister managed to get tickets for the Tsunami concert at the Millenium Stadium earlier in the year and I was soooo jealous....then she topped it by getting tickets for Live8 as well!!!! Some girls have all the luck!

Steph
09-09-2005, 10:17 PM
"I guess that's why they call it the blues" is probably my fave tune. It was how I was introduced to the modern Elton.

"Time on my hands could be time spent with you . . ."

Great phrasing!

Did he not do a moving tribute to those affected by Katrina, musicman?

musicman
09-10-2005, 05:58 AM
Did he not do a moving tribute to those affected by Katrina, musicman?

he dedicated the 2nd or 3rd song into the show to them - a song called "Porch Swing in Tupelo"

scotzoidman
09-11-2005, 01:31 AM
Saw young Reg...sorry, Sir Elton...way back early on at the Miserable Auditorium...sorry again, that's Municipal Auditorium...he brought a sideman in a glittery gold lame suit (like Elvis had) onstage to play a portable combo organ on a not-yet-released song called "Crocodile Rock"...still a memory I carry to this day...